“Absolutely fantastic as usual”

Oyster and Chop House
Ranked #10 of 144 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 23
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are extremely excited to offer authentic slow-cooked smoked meats, done properly in our in-house smoker, guaranteed to arrive fresh on your table. As well as great steaks, burgers and sandwiches. The freshest Lobsters and Seafood are also on the menu alongside Mac'n'Cheese to die for. We aim to cater for all, providing amazing value for money party menus and even a kiddie menu. We offer an extensive wine list and a fine selection of alcoholic drinks including plenty of cocktails, draft beer, and bottomless fizzy drinks.
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner always choose to go here when we get some time spare. They never disappoint. Always really yummy and very friendly. We enjoyed freshly made cocktails, oysters, venison and delicious home made ice cream for pudding. We had a very nice lunch and were so full up with the big portion sizes that we only snacked for dinner later that day. I always highly recommend this place. Great value for money and you will never leave hungry

1  Thank Jamie-Anne94

Reviewed 16 April 2016

This restaurant was a real surprise to us. We went on recommendation but did not expect the (almost) fine dining experience. The food was presented as well as any top restaurant. Even our non-adventurous guests really enjoyed the food - and they tried things they had not tried before! The food was delicious and fresh and delicious.
I was so impressed I tried to make a group booking for a dining group of foodies - many of whom would, undoubtedly have become regular customers. They were not prepared to offer any kind of group deal. And, quite patronisingly indicated that older people (we're talking 50's and young 60's here) did not like their kind of flavours. Really!?
I will go again with my partner or close friends but quite clearly a group event is not going to happen. What a shame.

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

I had kept a cut out from a review of this wonderful restaurant from a mag for about a year hoping for a trip to this area. It did not disappoint 12 months on.The menu consists of aprox 7 starters and mains presented on a blackboard all courses are priced the same what a good idea and so reasonably priced. After a very difficult decision we both opted for the same meals.

Our meal started with wonderful homemade bread followed by an amuse Bouche included in the price so tasty. A starter of slip sole (I had never come across this before) followed and once again a little gem of a lemon and ginger palate cleanser our main of venison was cooked to perfection with lovely extras on the plates the presentation of all the dishes was a feast to the eyes. A lovely rich chocolate was was my choice ice cream for my husband he's so boring.

This restaurant is the best I have been to in a long time and beats the sportsman hands down. Which was the reason we're were in the area (a gift from our son )My only problem is that it is a 2 hour drive from where I live.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

We often visit this restaurant, mostly for lunch. It is consistently excellent food. A brilliant chef who is passionate about food quality and delivers every single time. Not one criticism about this place! Oysters simply the best ever. Go and try their food, you will be impressed and the prices are extremely reasonable.

1  Thank PiggyKent1
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

We went on a Saturday.. Had to book first but wow..I can see why. The staff are very nice and friendly the place was lovely (walked past so many times before and not noticed it was there!) and the food exceptional, very very good!! One of the best meals out we've had. It's a must!!