Open today: 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
Ed seven

This place has great decor, in line with the age of the pub. Large bar area good service at the... read more

Reviewed 31 March 2017
lobster64
Folkestone, United Kingdom
via mobile
Short break to Canterbury

Reviewed 20 July 2015
Michelle D
Havant, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 June 2016

The staff here are as friendly as they come and are the heart of this pub. Yes, the decor may seem a bit dated around the edges, but actually it is all character - and hopefully this won't be lost during the upcoming refurbishment. This is pubs as they should be.

2  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We stopped here for a drink on our travels. The furniture is bit out dated and needs updating as got rips in it. The staff were friendly and helpful as I enquired where we had to catch the bus from and I was advised it was straight ahead.

1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed 15 March 2015

Was lookong for a pub to have a couple of quiet drinks in, but being mothering Sunday the sea front pubs were all full to bursting, so we wandered up to the Prince of Wales. Being new to the area, we didn't know much about the local watering holes. Just by walking through the doors you'd think we had done the patrons and staff some sort of personal offence. We had with us my very yoing nephew, but he was quiet the entire time. Tucked away in a snug, I still recieved a prolonged death stare from another customer while I waited for m brother to return with our drinks. The bar staff seemed somewhat uninterested in us "outsiders" and at one point we were harshly told off by another custimer for having our buggy where it was. Bear in mind, my nephew requires oxygen via a tube, and the oxygen tank was in the buggy. I would understand the frostiness had this pub had signs everywhere saying "No Children" but to the layman it looked like a nice little pub to have a drink in on a Sunday afternoon. Not the case at all. An unfriendly "local regulars" pub with a very strange decor.
The only saving grace was the beer.

5  Thank Isabelle T
Reviewed 26 October 2014

Great pub, great staff and very friendly patrons. Best pub in the area. Good beer kept by people who know beer. Great Victorian decor.

1  Thank Marty912
Reviewed 1 March 2013

What can I say, what a pub to drink in. Hot dog friday, Ribs and Roasties on a Sunday what more could you want? Not sold it to you yet? Then its loaded with the friendliest locals you could want in a pub. Plenty of live music on a Friday/Saturday the occasional pub quiz on a Sunday night and all the sporting events sky can offer. Captain Dash running the ship First Mate Giles always clearing up the mess and the rest of the crew always ready for a merry old team.

P.S Barmaids gone wild!