All reviews balcony room lady hamilton wellington room shepherd neame lord nelson sea view large balcony lovely hotel roll top bath sound of the waves car park three rooms third floor first morning family room sea front seaside hotel
Reviewed 21 April 2017

We needed to stay in Deal for one night to attend a funeral and this hotel was ideal. We were driving up from Wales and the hotel ensured our room was ready early so we could change for the event. Our room was spacious, well appointed and clean, with a choice of shower or bath. There is an excellent breakfast menu. The staff were very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I stayed in a Superior Single room over the Easter weekend of 2017. The hotel and her staff are welcoming and helpful. As my room was not used the evening before I was fortunate enough to be able to check into my room early. The hotel manager was very friendly and knowledgeable, I felt right at home.

The room itself was everything I wanted for a weekend alone. spacious for one person, I could really settle in with all the storage space. A few maintenance jobs needed but nothing which detracted from the amazing place I was in.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant. A basic continental and then hot options. The staff are friendly and attentive, a great way to start the day.

I had an aperitif in the hotel bar both days, the bar staff were fantastic.

I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

As Deal regulars were popped in for a family meal expecting the usual pub style grub that previously was on offer at the Royal. How wrong we were, the new menu is excellent and all the dishes were well prepared, generous potions and tasty.

Service could do with being a little quicker, but they were very busy at the time

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

I had organised a surprise family meal for my parents silver wedding anniversary. The staff were so great at helping me with this and even made name cards with people's orders on. Special mention to jorden who put up with my endless emails and requests and made the evening seamless.

The food was nice and of a reasonable price. It was brought out at the same time and for a room of 25 people that to me is very good service.

They set up the function room In advance for us and no request troubled them.

Huge thanks to all staff for a lovely evening.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

I recently met to celebrate a friends birthday. The food was not of a good quality....2 of us had prawn cocktail which had a weak vinaigrette instead of a sauce.... the chips were not good and the chicken dish was salty.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends