Open today: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Review Highlights
A grand day out.

My wife and I visited today. She is in a wheelchair but we got around quite easily. Although a few... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
TrevEngineer
via mobile
Nice place

The little reptilarium is a fab little place with a surprising amount of animals. The different... read more

Reviewed 25 July 2021
MatthewG192
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Isle of Wight
from $27.46
More Info
All reviews well worth a visit lovely gift shop reptiles rescued insects displays children island adults fab
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Visited today , two nanas and three grandchildren , 10, 6 and 2 , we all enjoyed it very much . Children loved searching the exhibits until they could find the snakes , lizards ( dinosaurs according to the two year old ) and frogs etc . The torches in the nocturnal area were a great hit . We stood and watched the terrapins for ages , the little steps made it easy for small folk . You get your hand stamped on entry and can go in and out all day , we went for a ice cream and a walk around and then went back in again . Well done .

Date of experience: July 2018
Neil R, Owner at Isle of Wight Reptilarium, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

thank you! sounds like you had the perfect visit

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely little attraction in a unique building which is well worth a visit. Lots of really interesting reptiles on display in immaculate well scaped habitats and a very unusual nocturnal room where torches are provided to see all of the inhabitants. The highlight for us was the 70+ rescued turtles and terrapins housed in a large pool in the middle. A pot of turtle food can be bought from the well stocked gift shop along with snake skins and various pocket money toys. The owner is lovely and very knowledgeable and passionate about what she does and all in all this place is well worth a visit.

Date of experience: June 2018

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I really liked this place. I just popped in having seen a review on TripAdvisor. I didn't realise it was so close to the Norton Grange Hotel where I was staying, a short stroll along the beach. Entrance fee is #5 which may seem a lot for only three rooms and a gift shop but the attraction here is the animals. Dragons and snakes of all kinds, plus a nocturnal room with little torches provided, and the fabulous friendly terrapins. I got some great pix of the Frill Dragons.The lady owner is happy to answer questions and even feed the reptiles with locusts as you watch. I found the set up very relaxing and I felt close to nature here.
The gift shop is good too, I found plenty of little animal themed gifts that will please people, and some crystals for my own collection.

Highly recommend a visit

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Sally44T

Thank you, glad you enjoyed your visit :)

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Having been to the old Marine Aquarium many times, we thought it was only fair to check out the new occupants of the four arches. The owners really had been up against it in the few days before with a major leak in the turtle pond, however this didn't spoil our enjoyment, as there was something quite comedic about their temporary home of a deluxe Argos paddling pool with floating wooden lilos! Actually we probably got a better view of the turtles. Elsewhere my wife and I had great fun hunting well camouflaged reptiles (and arachnids), including the night dwellers by torchlight. I think we found all of them, which was immensely satisfying, after a few initial challenges. Luckily there was also a fossil sandbox for our slightly less patient three year old which kept him quiet for quite some time. For lovers of David Attenborough films, watching a monitor lizard devouring live grasshoppers was morbidly fascinating. A great addition to the Fort Victoria lineup.

Date of experience: April 2018

thank you for visiting and the great feedback, ah yes the great flood of 2018!! not a time we wish to repeat or look back on fondly lol

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

More of a chance discovery as we were nearby, thought it was worth popping in. Bigger than appearances would suggest from outside as it goes under 4 arches of the Victorian Fort. Good little selection of reptiles to view and a large terrapin rescue pond/pool with some giant terrapins in it.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank SnufflesBerkshire

Thanks for the feedback, we are a bit of a "tardis"