Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Priceline
Trip.com
Travelocity
All reviews pub food apple pie isle of wight ferry terminal piping hot coastal path
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2022

Visited on a Thursday lunchtime with my friends
We were all pleased with our meals
I had the steak open sandwich-the friendly waitress was happy to alter the meal to suit my taste ! Perfectly cooked steak on delicious bread
We also took advantage of the 33% off app offer
The pub has a nice atmosphere and food is reasonably priced I look forward to returning!

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2022

Lovely waitresses.... that's about it..... We popped in on a Sunday lunchtime, we hadn't booked but that didn't seem to be an issue and we were promptly seated. After being shown to our table our drink order was taken and our drinks were served quckly, this looked like this was going to be a meal to remember, sadly it was for all the wrong reasons.
Both my wife and I ordered the Sunday lunch. When the meal arrived the meat was strangely served on top of 3 small roast potatoes and a wierd looking cube of which I soon discovered was a block of stuffing, along side this was a small bowl of veg which consisted of 1 floret of cauliflower cheese, 1 floret of broccoli, a bit of mashed swede and a very small potion of red cabbage., this we soon found out was a sharing portion for 2 people, sadly at a push it was a childs portion and the cauli and brocolli was so so hard it couldn't be shared as the meat cleaver needed to cut it wasn't supplied with the cutlery, I question the portion size with the waitress and she apologised and went off to get the rest of the vegatables,'so we finally got somewhere close to an adult meal and I can live with the uncooked veg and the waitress was still lovely all the way through.
So why after all that have I left a 1 star review and not maybe a 3, I'll tell you why, ...... because after I'd paid the bill (nearly 50 quid) Irealised that they had actually charged me 3 quid for the second little bowl of hard veg,
You only get one chance at a first impression and sadly The Bugle failed badly. I think it's safe to say we won't be rushing back in a hurry.

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 5 February 2022

he Bugle is situated well and looks wonderful as an old Inn so my expectations were that the character of the place means I did not expect the rooms to be exceptional. I was given the suite which had a room off the bedroom with a couch and TV. The couch was so uncomfortable to sit on as it was so old it had no cushioning so perching on a wooden frame was not my idea of fun. The toilet seat was loose so the first time I sat on it it slipped to one side. I left it the first night as I was very tired, on the second night I offered to fix it myself but they gave me tools but they did not fit. The promise was made to fix for the 3rd night - it was not done, so I sat on porcelain for 3 days. The excuse of covid was trotted out for no offer of breakfast - not even a continental was available. I was offer a free burger as compensation for the toilet seat. The food was adequate but no more then that. This is not cheap and the budget hotels are cheaper and in this case better value. The staff were friendly. I understand in a listed building plumbing can be difficult but toilet macerator was smelly and noisy

Room tip: I was offered the suite but although potentially good is currently not
Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 23 January 2022 via mobile

The Bugle never fails us. OK, room only for the time being but with Gossips cafe close by, not a problem.
A real warm, welcoming atmosphere which is obviously well supported by the friendly locals. Good beer and albeit limited menu - tasty pub food. Stuart, the bar manager, looked after us admirably and kept us entertained with his “party tricks”.
Our rooms were spacious and comfortable, a bit quirky and showing signs of wear and tear but that all in all offers value for money.
If I had one criticism it would be the state of the curtains which could certainly do with some t l c.
Can certainly recommend.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2021 via mobile

We live locally & have been frequenting this Pub on & off for many years, but I have to say tonight was simply perfect. We were a large party of 15 which is no easy task, however service was quick, attentive & friendly. Most importantly though, the food was fabulous! Very good quality pub fare (probably more akin to restaurant standard) decent portions and all hot….zero complaints from anyone in our party. Even better at this time of year with all the beautiful Xmas decorations combined with the cosy pub feel.

So glad to see The Bugle back to it’s absolute best!

Date of stay: December 2021