Lowest prices for your stay
$104
Priceline
$109
Agoda.com
$94
eDreams$104
FindHotel$96
StayForLong
All reviews main building isle of wight high street buffet breakfast single room bank holiday room was large front of house full english long weekend family room biscuits sea view yogurt yelfs annex island
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2021

I booked 2 nights at Yelfs just for a couple of relaxing days away, it was far from that! I checked un inly to be told my room wasn’t even in the main hotel, it was in converted rooms (more like cells) across a very busy main road above some shops, but l went anyway as it was just 2 nights right? Wrong! Within less than an hour of me unpacking and sat on my bed to watch tv for a little while, a man let hiself into my room with a key, didn’t even knock, he didn’t appologise and still carried on into my room to my bathroom! Saying he had to check something! This really unerved me so l packed up and went back over to main reception and asked to be moved rooms as l no longer felt safe, they said oh it was only Barry the maintenance man, so that’s ok then???? No!! I could have been in the shower! They did manage to find me another room for that night but said the following night l would be moved to yet another room, around 10.30 next morning reception called me asking why l hadn’t vacated the room, l said l have paid for 2 nights, but no l had to pack yet again and vacate there and then! It gets worse…. So now I’m going into the 3rd room in less than 24 hours, the room was filthy, smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and clearly hadn’t been cleaned (not just that day, there was months of grime and dirt everywhere) there was 2 used mugs still with coffee in them and a half eaten packet of biscuits, ermmm Covid regulations? Where were they? So yet again I went down to reception with said mugs and biscuits, the receptionist was appologetic and she even said poor you you’ve had nothing but problems and would l like to speak to the owner, l obviously said yes, ‘Toby’ came to speak to me ‘speak’ l use loosely, he talked at me and barked at me “well you shouldn’t have moved from the 1st room, go and find another hotel!” By this time l was in floods of tears and very distressed to which he wasn’t bothered at all, so moral of this review is if you’re considering staying at Yelfs Hotel Ryde, don’t!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Pathfinder776751
Reviewed 4 September 2021 via mobile

If you are looking for great location then this is best place to book. Rooms are okie but the cleanliness is not that good. The main beds was fine but the other two seperate bed were not so comfortable, as you might get up with bad back if you do not sleep properly.
You might be disappoint about it but if you are ok with it then you can still book it ahead. There is car parking available but its first come firsr serve, as if the hotel is busy then you might not get parking.
There isn't variety of breakfast available if you include breakfast with booking room and the wifi was not working at all, which is bit surprising as being a hotel in center spot of Ryde, was expecting for goos services.
Staffs are friendly and helpful which was plus sign.
Overall, I would say our staying was decent but was little disappointed from my expectation.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2021 via mobile

I booked this hotel with four “needs” in mind: location, WiFi, parking and a desire to have a hotel breakfast for the first time in far too long. I hadn’t thought about comfort or cleanliness as these should be guaranteed wherever you go.
Location was where I expected it to be, but that’s where the positives stop. The WiFi wasn’t working, the parking was at a short distance from the hotel and was on a first come first served basis. I ended up parked on the street both nights then had to move my car. And the breakfast, although served by very friendly staff was adequate but no more.
Others have commented on the threadbare state of the stair carpets and the general lack of cleanliness so there’s no need to add anything. My room was on the front and had ill fitting sash and case windows making it disappointingly noisy. Indeed, disappointing is the best overall word. I gather the hotel is under nee ownership so hopefully some of my concerns will be dealt with. Until then, I won’t return and I certainly wouldn’t recommend it

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2021 via mobile

Dirty toilet sit and bits all over the carpet and toilet paper in the bathroom floor.moved after complain in another bedroom where shower was dirty, food and toilet paper in the bathroom floor and urine smells. Hair in the sink. Tea cups in the room very dirty and hair inside.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

Stayed in a single room which was clean and bed comfy. A little dated in the rooms and hallways around the accommodation part of the hotel but reception, bar and restaurant nice. Breakfast was really good here with a buffet breakfast and good service from the team. Didn’t have dinner but menu looks good.

Date of stay: August 2021