Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$65
View deal
Expedia.com$65
Hotels.com$65
Priceline$65
Travelocity$65
Tripadvisor$65
FindHotel$65
All reviews isle of wight sea view superior room function room lovely hotel eggs benedict wedding reception an evening meal fish and chips could not fault the pub sean menu venue island esplanade hovercraft
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2022

We spent seven nights here and we picked it because of the location which is excellent. The room was a little bit smaller than we had hoped for but it was clean, well serviced and had an excellent view. There is good parking but no wifi so you need to sign up to their cloud. All the staff (from Sean the General Manager to housekeeping) were amazing. Nothing was too much trouble. Excellent breakfast. Great restaurant. I’m gluten free and they have a good understanding of allergies. Finally, we loved the way they surprised us at dinner when they found out it was our anniversary 

1  Thank Anne K
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2022

Dear Anne K,
Thank you for leaving us this great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your special occasion with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2022

We stayed here for 7 nights while visiting the Isle of Wight, the location was great and there was ample free parking. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was very nice both breakfast and evening meals by booking directly we received a discount off our evening meals of 20% which was excellent.
I particularly enjoyed the 3 egg omelette for breakfast, there was an excellent choice of items to select from.

Dear Tonyndawn,
Thank you for leaving your review. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your lovely comment onto the team.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2022

We booked a ‘Superior’ double room for four nights which included a weekend.

Not having seen the other rooms, it is difficult to understand what was ‘superior’ about our room (Room 9) at the back of the hotel. It was certainly not the views – one window overlooked the function-room roof, the other a fire escape. Nor was it the furniture, which had clearly seen better days!

Being over the function room on a Friday and Saturday night was not ideal. There was a birthday party on the Friday and the disco had a VERY loud base, which prevented us from getting to sleep. There was a wedding on the Saturday with a quieter disco, but still not conducive to getting off to sleep. We asked to change rooms, but were told the hotel was fully booked so there was nothing quieter available.

The freshly-cooked English breakfasts were very good, but the eggs benedict were not good as they used a packet Hollandaise sauce which was awful. Hopefully, they will be able to find a chef who can make a proper Hollandaise sauce.

Room tip: Room 9 is very noisy if there is a party in the function room
1  Thank Ken S
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2022

Dear Ken
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.
I am sorry to hear that the hotel and your room did not meet your expectations.
I am more than happy to discuss your visit should you wish too.
Kind regards

Reviewed 12 May 2022

A last minute 2 night stay for myself and my husband. The hotel is not far from the ferry port in Cowes and is a good location to explore from.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was clean. The breakfast was also nice.
There is a local high street, bowling alley and swimming pool and we ate at 2 very nice restaurants locally. The Duck was walking distance and so was The Heron. Both were very nice but the Heron was exceptional.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2022

Dear V9069LHclaires,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. It's lovely to see that my team looked after you, so well. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2022 via mobile

Lovely location and looks impressive from the outside but apart from that and free parking I can give no further positives. Shaun, the manager, was lovely but fighting a losing battle until this place is updated. Our room was very small, which is fine for a one night stay, but the sound of the extractor fan which sounded like a helicopter landing really got me! He assured us it went off at 2200 and came on again at 0630 - and he was right - but sadly it’s not good when u are paying £125 a night (without breakfast) and I expected better. We were right by the stairs/ lift and door but actually the noise wasn’t too bad. I was glad I took my earplugs! The person above us clearly wanted to get their 10k steps in before 0630 and we heard every step due to creaky floorboards. Also bathroom had paint peeling off the ceiling but at least the towels appeared new. We had a few drinks in the bar and all seemed ok. Didn’t eat there as no sky sports and we wanted to watch the football so wandered into town. Did decide to have breakfast which was ok but like other reviewers say, expect sachets of coffee and hot water flasks! Check out was a faff as the lady didn’t know how to take 20% off the food bill which seemed to be my fault as it should of been done at the time - ? - but luckily Shaun came up with a solution of just taking 20% off and decided to do it himself . I actually think if I hadn’t of been honest and said that we had had breakfast we could of got away with not paying at all, but we are not like that but feel a bit cheated as it was an expensive night for not much happiness ‍♀️

Wouldn’t stay again but location wise was perfect

Room tip: Plenty of free parking - we arrived early and were allowed to use the car park until we checked in. Maybe find out room number if possible?
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Wanderer63709059869

Dear Wanderer63709059869,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I will take your feedback on and hope to improve for future guests.