Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$143
View deal
Expedia.com$142
Hotels.com$142
Priceline$143
Travelocity$142
Orbitz.com$142
Tripadvisor$142
All reviews isle of wight sea view superior room function room lovely hotel eggs benedict an evening meal fish and chips comfy bed the pub sean menu wedding island esplanade hovercraft portions
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2022 via mobile

Lovely location and looks impressive from the outside but apart from that and free parking I can give no further positives. Shaun, the manager, was lovely but fighting a losing battle until this place is updated. Our room was very small, which is fine for a one night stay, but the sound of the extractor fan which sounded like a helicopter landing really got me! He assured us it went off at 2200 and came on again at 0630 - and he was right - but sadly it’s not good when u are paying £125 a night (without breakfast) and I expected better. We were right by the stairs/ lift and door but actually the noise wasn’t too bad. I was glad I took my earplugs! The person above us clearly wanted to get their 10k steps in before 0630 and we heard every step due to creaky floorboards. Also bathroom had paint peeling off the ceiling but at least the towels appeared new. We had a few drinks in the bar and all seemed ok. Didn’t eat there as no sky sports and we wanted to watch the football so wandered into town. Did decide to have breakfast which was ok but like other reviewers say, expect sachets of coffee and hot water flasks! Check out was a faff as the lady didn’t know how to take 20% off the food bill which seemed to be my fault as it should of been done at the time - ? - but luckily Shaun came up with a solution of just taking 20% off and decided to do it himself . I actually think if I hadn’t of been honest and said that we had had breakfast we could of got away with not paying at all, but we are not like that but feel a bit cheated as it was an expensive night for not much happiness ‍♀️

Wouldn’t stay again but location wise was perfect

Room tip: Plenty of free parking - we arrived early and were allowed to use the car park until we checked in. Maybe find out room number if possible?
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2022

Dear Wanderer63709059869,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I will take your feedback on and hope to improve for future guests.

Sean Vernall

Reviewed 9 May 2022

Another very successful visit thanks to a great team who work well together and make us welcome; Nicky on reception, Angel in the bar, Manager Sean and his new assistant Benny who inspire the rest of the front of house and housekeeping staff.

The breakfasts are excellent and the food in both restaurant and bar is a lot better than it was a few years ago; the residents’ discount on meals is a real bonus.

Very popular with visitors and local alike so very lively, even in low season; we love it as it feels more like an independent or family-run hotel than part of a national pub chain.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank alexmac

Dear Alexmac,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am very happy to see that my team looked after you so well. I will be forwarding your comments onto them. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Sean Vernall

Reviewed 7 May 2022 via mobile

Great Hotel, great food, great service but crap WIFI should not advertise as having WiFi because it is crap and is down to corporate not doing there job. Another small negative is the unmanned reception does not work as no one answers when the bell is rung two easy fixes and this would be a fantastic review

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2022

Dear Mike H,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, about your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your overall stay. As for your not so positive feeback about wifi and the manning of reception. I will take your feedback on and relay to the management team. And hope to improve for future guests.

Reviewed 24 April 2022 via mobile

Ryde Castle was perfect from the start a good location plenty of parking for the bikes.
Staff very friendly and welcoming, rooms lovely and clean with very comfortable beds and my room had a good large shower.
Breakfast was very good quality with plenty there and I would say cheap. The bar was good if any criticism of bar is that it shuts at 11 and doesn't stay open later for hotel guests.

I would definitely stay again and recommend 5 stars

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian T
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2022

Dear Brian t,
Thank you for leaving us your review on your latest visit to the castle.
I am very happy to see that your group enjoyed their time with us. As for your feedback on bar service times. I have looked into this and this was because we are only licensed until 11:30pm. I hope you and your g roup choose us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2022

My husband and our 2 children have just been on holiday to the Isle of Wight, and whilst there we came across the Ryde Castle Hotel. We ended up having breakfast there every morning and had dinner one of the evenings. The food was great, the hotel interior was lovely and the staff were helpful. The hotel is located in a great position, close to shops and a stones throw to the sandy beachfront. Special shout out to Sean the manager of the hotel, who was really welcoming and even gave our children an easter egg each on the last day of our stay, which made their trip! Would recommend!

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2022

Dear Kkbta, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! I will pass your comments onto Sean.
We hope you choose us again the future.