Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$142
View deal
Expedia.com$142
Hotels.com$142
Priceline$142
Travelocity$142
eDreams$142
Orbitz.com$142
All reviews isle of wight sea view superior room function room lovely hotel eggs benedict an evening meal fish and chips comfy bed the pub sean menu wedding island esplanade hovercraft portions
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2022

Another very successful visit thanks to a great team who work well together and make us welcome; Nicky on reception, Angel in the bar, Manager Sean and his new assistant Benny who inspire the rest of the front of house and housekeeping staff.

The breakfasts are excellent and the food in both restaurant and bar is a lot better than it was a few years ago; the residents’ discount on meals is a real bonus.

Very popular with visitors and local alike so very lively, even in low season; we love it as it feels more like an independent or family-run hotel than part of a national pub chain.

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank alexmac
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2022

Dear Alexmac,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am very happy to see that my team looked after you so well. I will be forwarding your comments onto them. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Sean Vernall

Reviewed 7 May 2022 via mobile

Great Hotel, great food, great service but crap WIFI should not advertise as having WiFi because it is crap and is down to corporate not doing there job. Another small negative is the unmanned reception does not work as no one answers when the bell is rung two easy fixes and this would be a fantastic review

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2022

Dear Mike H,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, about your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your overall stay. As for your not so positive feeback about wifi and the manning of reception. I will take your feedback on and relay to the management team. And hope to improve for future guests.

Reviewed 24 April 2022 via mobile

Ryde Castle was perfect from the start a good location plenty of parking for the bikes.
Staff very friendly and welcoming, rooms lovely and clean with very comfortable beds and my room had a good large shower.
Breakfast was very good quality with plenty there and I would say cheap. The bar was good if any criticism of bar is that it shuts at 11 and doesn't stay open later for hotel guests.

I would definitely stay again and recommend 5 stars

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian T
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2022

Dear Brian t,
Thank you for leaving us your review on your latest visit to the castle.
I am very happy to see that your group enjoyed their time with us. As for your feedback on bar service times. I have looked into this and this was because we are only licensed until 11:30pm. I hope you and your g roup choose us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2022

My husband and our 2 children have just been on holiday to the Isle of Wight, and whilst there we came across the Ryde Castle Hotel. We ended up having breakfast there every morning and had dinner one of the evenings. The food was great, the hotel interior was lovely and the staff were helpful. The hotel is located in a great position, close to shops and a stones throw to the sandy beachfront. Special shout out to Sean the manager of the hotel, who was really welcoming and even gave our children an easter egg each on the last day of our stay, which made their trip! Would recommend!

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2022

Dear Kkbta, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! I will pass your comments onto Sean.
We hope you choose us again the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2022 via mobile

I wanted to love this hotel but it kept sabotaging itself. Most staff were friendly and efficient and the food and drinks we had were generally good. However there are glaring gaps which I found unacceptable, first and foremost not being able to get anything other than instant coffee anywhere in the hotel. Poor choice at breakfast of instant sachets and two types of teabags with flasks of boiling water to help yourself - totally unsatisfactory. A trip to the shops at least provided coffee bags so I could help a similarly unhappy resident the following morning. I heard the “oh sorry our coffee machine is broken”countless times. Breakfast buffet was adequate if a little over on sugary cereal choices and hot food was again mostly good. Our room, though small was pretty clean (thick dust on the wooden chair legs and horrid stains on the one soft chair aside) but lacked maintenance checks (radiator didn’t work and light bulb broken). The bathroom was clean but had revolting sealant round the bath a a very badly cracked bath panel. There was one tiny bin in the bathroom and any glasses, bottles we brought up to the room from the bar were not cleared over the four days of our stay. Our Mother’s Day meal with family guests was ok but at each point of ordering something was missing from the menu which, as we were only the second sitting at our table I dread to think what was left for the third. Bottom line this hotel lacks charm and the desire to be anything other than ok. Glaring things which would be picked up by a team invested in providing a quality stay. Shame as I will be a regular visitor to Ryde but not to this hotel.

Room tip: Take your own coffee bags and don’t expect to have a dedicated lounge if you find your room small. it’s a pub first and foremost
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2022

Dear Flyer64859,
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. This is not our normal standard of service. My collagues were correct that our coffee machine was broken and was sent to be repaired. As for the housekeeping errors i will bring these to their attention.If you would be so kind to contact us directly on 01983 563755 option 3. So my general manager (Sean) can discuss this matter further.