Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$141
View deal
Expedia.com$141
Hotels.com$141
Travelocity$141
Priceline$141
FindHotel$141
Orbitz.com$141
All reviews isle of wight sea view superior room function room lovely hotel eggs benedict an evening meal fish and chips comfy bed the pub sean menu wedding island esplanade hovercraft portions
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2022

My husband and our 2 children have just been on holiday to the Isle of Wight, and whilst there we came across the Ryde Castle Hotel. We ended up having breakfast there every morning and had dinner one of the evenings. The food was great, the hotel interior was lovely and the staff were helpful. The hotel is located in a great position, close to shops and a stones throw to the sandy beachfront. Special shout out to Sean the manager of the hotel, who was really welcoming and even gave our children an easter egg each on the last day of our stay, which made their trip! Would recommend!

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2022

Dear Kkbta, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! I will pass your comments onto Sean.
We hope you choose us again the future.

Nic Wood
Reception Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2022 via mobile

I wanted to love this hotel but it kept sabotaging itself. Most staff were friendly and efficient and the food and drinks we had were generally good. However there are glaring gaps which I found unacceptable, first and foremost not being able to get anything other than instant coffee anywhere in the hotel. Poor choice at breakfast of instant sachets and two types of teabags with flasks of boiling water to help yourself - totally unsatisfactory. A trip to the shops at least provided coffee bags so I could help a similarly unhappy resident the following morning. I heard the “oh sorry our coffee machine is broken”countless times. Breakfast buffet was adequate if a little over on sugary cereal choices and hot food was again mostly good. Our room, though small was pretty clean (thick dust on the wooden chair legs and horrid stains on the one soft chair aside) but lacked maintenance checks (radiator didn’t work and light bulb broken). The bathroom was clean but had revolting sealant round the bath a a very badly cracked bath panel. There was one tiny bin in the bathroom and any glasses, bottles we brought up to the room from the bar were not cleared over the four days of our stay. Our Mother’s Day meal with family guests was ok but at each point of ordering something was missing from the menu which, as we were only the second sitting at our table I dread to think what was left for the third. Bottom line this hotel lacks charm and the desire to be anything other than ok. Glaring things which would be picked up by a team invested in providing a quality stay. Shame as I will be a regular visitor to Ryde but not to this hotel.

Room tip: Take your own coffee bags and don’t expect to have a dedicated lounge if you find your room small. it’s a pub first and foremost
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2022

Dear Flyer64859,
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. This is not our normal standard of service. My collagues were correct that our coffee machine was broken and was sent to be repaired. As for the housekeeping errors i will bring these to their attention.If you would be so kind to contact us directly on 01983 563755 option 3. So my general manager (Sean) can discuss this matter further.

Nic Wood
Reception Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2022 via mobile

Popped in for a breakfast which was great value with good quality ingredients…the service was excellent also, would highly recommended a visit. Location and view are not too bad either. There was plenty of seating and a nice atmosphere :-)

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2022

Dear Wsta98,
Thank you for leaving us this review. I am very to see that you enjoyed your breakfast with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2022

Cheerful place to finish of a beautiful day trip to Isle.
Prompt efficecient service despite being busy. A gorgeous day had bought out the crowds.
Lovely mix of tables & places to sit. Nice atmosphere, clean & organised.
Tasty sea food dishes chosen by us both, good portion & fresh looking.
Staff attentive & asked about our day.
Great selection of beers & vino.
Garden overlooked esplanade so great people watching, got cool quickly so take a woolie.
A short from hovercraft Dock.
G K Chain always Convenient & reliable in our experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Clare G,
I am very happy to see that my team looked after you so well. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2022

Shaun, Mark, Nic and the team made the February stay positive and enjoyable.
Welcome and hospitality, superb.
Room absolutely fine, (good view of dustbins!) but ask for a sea view if you want one!
Sleep quality as good as one gets in a busy hotel - no complaints, noise tolerable.
Bathroom great EXCEPT! as I get older I do wish that if I can't have a walk-in shower, the bath overwhich the shower is provided could be provided with grab-handles!! Come on hoteliers around the country! - we're not all young as we were,
and going base over apex in a hotel bathroom causes major probs for everyone!
Food - is what it is: nicely presented and competently and politely served. The cooked breakfast was not, however, quite as good as I remember from last year.
All in all, a great stay. Got me out of home for a few days while the central heating was being replaced, at the same time allowing me to indulge my hobby as a train "anorak". (Newly introduced Island Trains stock! Ryde Esplande Stn just over the road! 6 quid a day for a rover ticket! Bus pass as well! I was a happy boy!)
Seriously though and all in all, great stay, highly recommended.
Special thanks to Mark for remembering me from last year and for the good chat.
Well done mate, and see you again soon!

Room tip: All I would say is, if you you want a nice view from a hotel bedroom window, ask for one. But prepared to pay for it I guess.
Date of stay: February 2022

Dear Peter S,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. Its great to see that you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass your lovely comments onto my team. We hope to see you again in the future.