Lowest prices for your stay
$74
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$74
Travelocity$73
Tripadvisor$73
All reviews isle of wight sea view superior room function room lovely hotel eggs benedict wedding reception an evening meal fish and chips could not fault the pub sean menu island esplanade hovercraft portions
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 March 2022

Cheerful place to finish of a beautiful day trip to Isle.
Prompt efficecient service despite being busy. A gorgeous day had bought out the crowds.
Lovely mix of tables & places to sit. Nice atmosphere, clean & organised.
Tasty sea food dishes chosen by us both, good portion & fresh looking.
Staff attentive & asked about our day.
Great selection of beers & vino.
Garden overlooked esplanade so great people watching, got cool quickly so take a woolie.
A short from hovercraft Dock.
G K Chain always Convenient & reliable in our experience.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2022

Dear Clare G,
I am very happy to see that my team looked after you so well. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2022

Shaun, Mark, Nic and the team made the February stay positive and enjoyable.
Welcome and hospitality, superb.
Room absolutely fine, (good view of dustbins!) but ask for a sea view if you want one!
Sleep quality as good as one gets in a busy hotel - no complaints, noise tolerable.
Bathroom great EXCEPT! as I get older I do wish that if I can't have a walk-in shower, the bath overwhich the shower is provided could be provided with grab-handles!! Come on hoteliers around the country! - we're not all young as we were,
and going base over apex in a hotel bathroom causes major probs for everyone!
Food - is what it is: nicely presented and competently and politely served. The cooked breakfast was not, however, quite as good as I remember from last year.
All in all, a great stay. Got me out of home for a few days while the central heating was being replaced, at the same time allowing me to indulge my hobby as a train "anorak". (Newly introduced Island Trains stock! Ryde Esplande Stn just over the road! 6 quid a day for a rover ticket! Bus pass as well! I was a happy boy!)
Seriously though and all in all, great stay, highly recommended.
Special thanks to Mark for remembering me from last year and for the good chat.
Well done mate, and see you again soon!

Room tip: All I would say is, if you you want a nice view from a hotel bedroom window, ask for one. But prepared to pay for it I guess.

Dear Peter S,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. Its great to see that you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass your lovely comments onto my team. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2022 via mobile

I attended a party, and the bar staff were abysmal. Jack, for instance, was rather rude and closed the bar 15 minutes early. He also waltzed around like he owned the place, acting like he wanted to intimidate everyone around him he also needs to learn that a full drink is not a finished drink as he took fresh drinks from tables while the customer was in the toilets. The drinks were overpriced, and the food was atrocious. If I could give it a lower rating, I seriously would!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2022

Dear Scott,
I am sorry to see that you felt underwelmed with your latest visit. I will be passing on your feedback to the team member in question. If you would like to discuss this matter further please email me directly on m6506@greeneking.co.uk. I hope this experience doesn't stop you from revisiting.

Reviewed 23 February 2022

Location perfect hotel needs a bit of TLC. Our bedroom ceiling had marks on the ceiling, dated beside cabinets and the bathroom had a cracked tile on the floor and the toilet top was a loose plant of wood, grouting needed doing!

Having had a lovely day on Monday 21st as it was my partners birthday decided to eat in the restaurant at about 7pm! The meal was ordered and delivered within five minutes just zapped in the microwave all dried up. Spoilt the evening totally. Complained and money refunded just glad we never had our breakfasts there.

Such a shame as the staff and hotel were really lovely.

Room tip: Sea view obviously and two huge windows looking out over to Portsmouth
1  Thank Companion42097
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2022

Dear Companion42097
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I really appreciate the feedback as it a great tool to help improve the business. I will be sure to pass this onto our head office.
I apologise that you were not happy with your meals and I have discussed this with the kitchen team.
I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 13 February 2022

We stayed here for a couple of nights whilst visiting family here. Staff at the hotel are all absolutely lovely and so friendly. Green King need to invest some more in the decor as lots of areas need redecorating which lets the poor hotel staff down.

Ask what the location the room is as ours was at top of stairs and was noisy by the lift and stairs.

In the restaurant they were out of lots of things on menu and didn’t have lots of ingredients for others eg no lemons, limes or Strawberries - again may be a Green King supply chain issue, but let’s staff down.

Place could be amazing just needs some easy to do TLC and some plants and table decor do not so stark !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear StephTins
Thank you so much for providing with feedback. We are due a refurbishment in the near future but I will be sure to pass this onto our head office.
We hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards