Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$147
View deal
Expedia.com$147
Tripadvisor$147
Travelocity
Priceline$147
Hotels.com$147
Orbitz.com$147
All reviews isle of wight sea view function room superior room lovely hotel eggs benedict an evening meal fish and chips comfy bed the pub sean menu wedding venue island esplanade hovercraft
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2021 via mobile

Amazing experience, seated straight away and served by the amazing staff. Extremely pleasing to come on holiday to the Isle Of Wight and experience such amazing service. Food was amazing, would definitely recommend for anybody wanting a family meal!

Room tip: Parking isn’t to spacious but could work. It doesn’t get to busy as there isn’t much space in the restaurant for seating.
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2021

Dear Ruby,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. I'm so happy to see my staff made your experience such a special one. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2021

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Ryde Castle Hotel. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable, the food was good and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The availability of Subtitles on the TV would have been icing on the cake as my husband is deaf . Thankyou

Room tip: Sea view room
Date of stay: October 2021
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2021

Dear Daish48,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. I'm very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the castle. As for your comments about the subtitles on the television, one of our staff would of more than happily helped in putting subtitles on your televison set. do think of us again on your next visit to the island.

Reviewed 3 October 2021

We booked the Ryde Castle well in advance so was expecting the service and hotel for the price to be on the ball not so the only lady that came up to standard was the smart lady we met on reception after that it was all down hill there was no social distancing or masks being worn later when home I spoke to the assistant manager who we never knowingly saw and he advised me that as there was no requirements now the staff decided that they would not wear them a case of the tail wagging the dog I would say.
Our room was pretty large with a good bathroom the bed was large but the mattress and bed frame was due for the tip it creaked when you turned over so when you moved in the night you both woke up we never had a good nights sleep the 4 nights we stayed, the whole furniture was chipped stained and out dated our last night we booked a table in the restaurant for 7pm when we came down the restaurant was closed and a young lady asked what we wanted we advised her that we had a table booked for 7 she advised us that they were short staffed and had to close it so we had to eat in the bar which we don't like doing the assistant manager advised us on the phone that they had a function that's why it was closed this was a lie as when we left the bar area which was after 9pm the restaurant was still closed and in darkness they need to get there stories right between them I have sent a review to them and been advised that they have given me a good will voucher of £30 this is an insult to my intelligence and will not be using it as it goes straight back in there tills We spent in total drinks and food and accommodation approx. £900.00 not impressed AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Room tip: room 12 not so good but it has best view
Date of stay: September 2021
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2021

Dear Michael W,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. I am sorry to see that your stay was not up to Ryde Castle's usual standards. As a continuously growing business we apricate all forms of feedback.
As for the comments about social distancing and mask wearing. The assistant manager was correct in his explanation of the regulations. It is not longer a legal requirement to up hold social distancing or to wear a face covering. We are continuously working alongside the government guidance expected by all businesses. This is updated on a regular basis and updated accordingly. As for your other comments about the restaurant I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused. The staff member was correct in saying we are being affected by a staff shortage.

I will be forwarding your feedback onto my general manager, Sean. I can confirm we are hoping for a refurb, very soon. If you would like to discuss this matter further with my manager, his direct email is 6506@greeneking.co.uk

Kind Regards,
Nic Wood
Reception

Reviewed 17 September 2021 via mobile

Place is a joke run by an incompetent manager !! We prebooked a table for 6 for Sunday roast dinner 5.15pm ! Turned up and was ushered to a table of 4 no good obviously so manager took us to a table of 5 next to the toilet !? Then preceded to tell us that the beef was off the menu !?we gave up and went to a local establishment had x6 roast dinners and enjoyed give ryde castle a wide berth

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sean Vernall, General Manager at Hotel Ryde Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2021

Dear Jon,
Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this on to my general manager. I hope you do try us again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Nic Wood

Reviewed 13 September 2021

We go here on a regular basis, because the great service we receive from Sean and his merry team. Also, location and the grand castle premises are excellent, along with food and able to take our dog inside bar area.

Dear James,
Thank you for leaving us this review. I will pass your comments onto the team. We hope to see you again, very soon. All the best, Ryde Castle.