“The best view of Freshwater Bay from penthouse...”
other travellers have booked this property
Freshwater Bay from The Downs
The Promenade at Freshwater Bay 5 minutes walk from the apartment Looking down onto Freshwater Bay
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The Promenade at Freshwater Bay 5 minutes walk from the apartment
Looking down onto Freshwater Bay
View from the dining table
Sitting Room.
Colwell Bay Beach, a few minutes drive from the apartment
View from the double bedroom
Twin bedroom
Sitting Room with French doors onto Balcony
The Yar Estuary, Yarmouth a few minutes drive from the apartment.
Colwell Bay just a short drive from the apartment
Part of Kitchen.
Sunset at Totland Bay in May.
Looking down at surfers on Compton Beach from the National Trust car park
Old Gaffers Festival Race off Yarmouth Pier
The Needles from Compton Bay
The walkway at Newtown Nature Reserve, an idyllic  place owned by the National Trust,.
Solent Views near Fort Victoria - walk along the promenade to Yarmouth
Another view of Freshwater Bay
Beachfront cafe at Steep Hill Cove near Ventnor
Looking towards Ventnor from Steephill
View of the Pier at Yarmouth
The cliifs and Tennyson Down
Pilot Cutter at Yarmouth
Our apartment is the one on the top right.
The Botanic Gardens at Ventnor
Winkle Street, Calbourne
Visit Appuldurcombe House owned by English Heritage
The Causeway, 5 minutes drive from the apartment or an easy 1/2 hour walk.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
duncanwis...
Hexham, United Kingdom
“The best view of Freshwater Bay from penthouse perfection”
Reviewed 20 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

This apartment has one of the best coastal views in Britain and is absolutely immaculate. We could not have chosen a nicer place to stay. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were warm and everything worked well. It was also quiet, so just sitting on the sofa, in front of the French windows, reading a good book was a real pleasure. From the front door you have a wonderful choice of walks, ranging from a casual stroll to the Bay, to a blustery walk up onto Tennyson Down, with fantastic views across the Solent and Dorset beyond, truly memorable for all the right reasons

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
15 Mar 2015
Thank you very much for your kind comments. Very glad you enjoyed your holiday.
Akela1863...
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Absolutely excellent”
Reviewed 6 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

I stayed here with my adult son and we found the accommodation excellent. Apartment was clean, spacious and attractive. All facilities were good, view was stunning from both the balcony and the main bedroom. Wi-fi worked perfectly which was important to us and we had a really enjoyable weekend break.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: comfort and location
Liked least: the turning into the car park was a bit tight when traffic was parked outside
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
9 Oct 2014
With regard to your comment that the turning into the car park was tight I have to say that no one else has ever commented on this. If there was a vehicle parked obscuring access then the vehicle would have been parked without authority since the land adjacent to the turning is owned by the flats and there is no parking allowed in that area.
keithandc...
London, United Kingdom
“Great apartment in a great location....”
Reviewed 17 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We visited Freshwater in September as two couples. We found the apartment to be light and airy and spotlessly clean with high quality fixtures and fittings. It had absolutely everything that you need for a break in Freshwater. The area is nice and quiet with parking right outside the apartment and and just a short walk from Freshwater Bay. The beds were extremely comfortable, bathroom well appointed and I thought it was a very nice touch to leave tea, milk and biscuits which were very welcome on arrival. The views from the lounge, main bedroom and especially the balcony were an added bonus and as the weather was kind it was a delight to sit and relax and just chill.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and cleanliness of the apartment.
Liked least: Nothing I could have improved
Friends getaway Older travelers
18 Sep 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your holiday and very much appreciate your lovely review!
lilybeach
Nashville, Tennessee
“Gorgeous location and comfortable, clean apartment”
Reviewed 13 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

This was a lovely place to stay in Freshwater. What a view! It's smack dab next to Dimbola Lodge - Julia Margaret Cameron's historic house. Since I came to The Isle of Wight to see Dimbola and Farringford, Tennyson's House, it couldn't have been a better location for me. I think it's probably more appropriate for people with a car, but we nevertheless were happy to walk a mile and a half each way to dinner. My only complaints: there was no soap whatsoever in the bathroom. Also, the light over the sink was burned out. Just small things, though. This is a spacious, clean apartment and a fun place to stay.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The view! And it was very clean and airy.
Liked least: That there was no soap. Also, our internet died on the last day.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
18 Sep 2014
I am glad that overall you enjoyed your 2 night stay in our sea view apartment. Just to comment on your complaints. 1) With regard to soap - we do not and will not be providing soap. Bed and Breakfast and Hotels do of course but not many self catering places. We do provide washing up liquid, dishwashing tablets, kitchen paper, toilet rolls, and a tray set up with tea, milk and biscuits. 2) You mention that the light above the sink in the bathroom burned out during your 2 nights. This is unfortunate but I am sure you can appreciate that I cannot second guess when a bulb may go. I had checked the bulbs on the day you arrived and it was working then. If you had rung us or emailed us when this happened we would have come round immediately with a replacement bulb or sent someone round if we were not available. It is disappointing that you left this comment on a review site without giving us the chance at the time to rectify the problem. 3) You say the internet did not work on your second day. I can only apologise for this as I do not know what happened. I can only think it is one of those things that occasionally happen. We lived in the apartment for 3 months over the winter and never had any issues. Again though had you rung or emailed us we would have done our best to try to sort the problem out for you but again if we are not told at the time of any problems then we cannot sort them out. In our confirmation letter we do say that we live close by and are on hand to sort problems out. I am disappointed that you were not entirely happy with the service because when you emailed originally to say you were coming over without a car I went out of my way to be helpful - explaining you had to get the train from Waterloo to Lymington and then get the ferry to Yarmouth. I even gave you links to web pages for both the local bus services and some taxi numbers so I do not know what more I could have done. Our directions for arriving by car are very clear indeed and up until now we have not had anyone who has had difficulty finding the place. You did ask the local bus driver to call us to confirm where to drop you off which I thought was very helpful indeed. Again with the collection of the key - how could that have been improved I wonder since the key is left in a key code box for your convenience at any time you wish from the stated arrival time. 3 out of 5 is very low for the facilities and amenities but fortunately no one else has thought this so far so I am sorry that our apartment did not provide you with the facilities and amenities that you wanted. We do state very clearly in our advertisement what facilities we provide and if you could see that we provided something you wanted I would have thought you would have checked before booking.
SPM102014
Kent, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment with superb views”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

As a party of four adults we stayed in this lovely apartment for one week. It was spacious, exceptionally clean and very well equipped with lovely sea views of Freshwater Bay, all making for a great holiday. The property is maintained to a very high standard with everything you need to hand. We would certainly consider staying here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Facilities and cleanliness in the property and the views.
Liked least: A minor point but the wifi was a bit hit-and-miss
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
22 Aug 2014
I am sorry that you found the WiFi to be hit and miss during your visit. I don't know why since we ourselves lived in the apartment between October and March and I can honestly say that we never had a problem during this time and we had 3 computers in constant use during that time, also no one else since then has mentioned this being a problem! Hopefully it was a one off that happened during your visit for which I can only apologise but of course it was out of our control!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing