1,638 results
All reviewsentertainment complexsolent villageholiday parkentertainment teamevening entertainmentlovely caravangreat holidayswimming pool isfamily holidaylovely siteshop on sitecentral heatingcaravan sitebar restaurantgreat familyshort breakexplore the island
Reviewed 12 September 2015

Good, clean caravan. Staff really helpful and friendly. Only had the one meal in the restaurant (as chose to eat out other nights) which did take nearly an hour to arrive, but it was a busy night!! Plenty to do on the site including swimming pool and play area. Short walk from site to a quiet beach. Dog friendly site. Will certainly use this site again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Park R, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Thorness Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

Thank you for your lovely review, it is pleasing to read that you found everywhere so clean and tidy and all the team friendly and helpful. Also, thank you for appreciating that, when busy, the food wait is a little longer than we would wish for. I am glad that you also found all the facilities to be good and enjoyed the bay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

Just come back a four day break and really enjoyed it, The gold caravan was spotless and in a quiet spot ( Solent Village) although it was a good 10min walk to the bar etc. Loved the beach and the walk from our caravan through a wood to the beach. We did have a few drinks in the bar and didn't find it expensive just pub prices. The staff were very nice and helpful. We did eat in the restaurant a couple of times and found it fine and we didn't have to wait very long for our food. although it was not very busy at the time. It is quite a big site and a bit confusing with the one way system but we soon got to grips with it. I do feel that they could do a couple of extra staff in the bar and restaurant in the evenings and like most sites could do with some investment and updating but other than this it was all good.

Room Tip: Upgrade to at least a gold caravan
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 125malc
Park R, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Thorness Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2015

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your four day break with us and that you found your caravan to be spotless and on the quieter area of the park which, although away from the main facilities, you had the best of both worlds and enjoyed the walks through the woods to the wonderful bay. Thank you for your kind comments with regard to the restaurant and food quality and that you were able to enjoy a drink in the bar and not find it too expensive and apologise for any wait incurred. We are always looking for ways to improve the park and, now the one way system is mastered, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

Had a great week at Thorness park caravan was very nice and big. The only thing is around the caravan I was in was a bit untidy and needs a bit of refurbishment. Staff were all helpful and friendly. I got a good deal on caravan but would have been a little disappointed if paid full price.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and I am glad that you found your caravan to be very nice and of a good size, apologies that it was not as good around the outside. Lovely to read that you found all the team so nice and friendly and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

fantastic holiday , great location and perfect views. staff so so helpful and friendly .
would like to say a special thank you to the park resorts team stars , rich , Lauren , and becca . also mirah who works behind the bar.
thank you to Leah and Vanessa from main reception who got our dvd home safely after our daughter left it in the TV in the caravan . thank you for a great holiday .

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Thorness Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Thank you for such a fantastic review. I am glad that you had such a wonderful holiday, and enjoyed every aspect of it! It’s great that you found our team to be great, especially the ones that you have mentioned. They are very proud to have provided such good service.

We hope that you will return in the future.

Thorness Bay
01983 523 109

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

The accommodation I couldn't fault, I upgraded my sun holiday to platinum and it is by far one of the nicest caravans I have ever stayed in. The same however can't be said for the park itself. While checking in was fast having upgraded, not a lot of information was provided. Once we found the caravan (which as i said was lovely) we took a walk around the site (apart from this we didn't use the facilities). The bar/restaurant was dated and had stained seating and also smelt of chlorine due to be linked to the indoor pool.The entertainment was mainly focused on children, which I do understand, however unless as an adult you enjoy bingo there isn't a lot to do! There is a short walk to thorness bay beach, while its not the nicest/cleanest of beaches it does allow you somewhere to take a walk. Overall I enjoyed the stay mainly because I had no need to use the facilities and due to the lovely caravan, however the lack of information provided at check in caused us to be late checking out and while nothing was said I did feel awkward when checking out.
I wouldn't rule out staying here again in a similar standard caravan, however I would be inclined to try one of the other resorts on the IOW next time.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you couldn’t fault the caravan that you stayed in. We do check in with each guest, and also they leave with a full information pack of what is going on for the week. I apologise that you found the facilities to be dated and that you did not enjoy the entertainment offering which goes into a more adult theme after 9pm.

I am sorry that you would not consider returning in the future.

Thorness Bay