“Pleasant”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2016

I enjoyed my visit to this restaurant. It is cosy and personable.It is nestled amongst a row of cottages where people actually live. The staff are extremely friendly in their manner but not over bearing. Service is attentive and pleasant. A head waiter is found on each floor to seat you and take orders.
The ChangeMai is cosy but definitely not cramped, therefore you can't be distracted by other tables conversations. The only negative for me was the temperature - inside was so hot, they had a fan on in winter. I had to remove my cardigan, and I was wearing a sleeveless dress!!!!!
The menu is easy and they have a good selection of 'set menu options'. We had the shared plater; nice fresh products used and flavoursome. Followed by the massaman curry which was sweet, creamy with soft potatoes, yummy. My date had the fried fish in a banana leaf; which was dry & overcooked:unfortunate as I wanted to dine of the set menu.
It was worth the drive out of London to visit this restaurant and It is worth a return visit, on a freezing cold night to enjoy Thai Food.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Recently visited this restaurant because of its trip advisor rating #2 in Hemel.
I wasn't disappointed at all as the service was fantastic.
The food was out of this world. Very flavoursome. I would recommend the crab starter and the mixed seafood sizzling platter.
Will be returning when next in the area.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

We visit this restaurant several times throughout the year. Our most recent visit was on a Wednesday night, we didn't book, but was lucky to be squeezed in as the restaurant was very busy.

The restaurant is set on 3 levels, it's an old building, it's small, it's wonky and oozes charm.

The staff are always very welcoming, pleasant and attentive.

To start we had duck for two and chicken satay, both very nice and decent portions. Mains consisted of red Thai chicken, yellow chicken curry and a massaman chicken curry. We also had a selection of coconut rice and noodles. Once again the portions are generous as is the amount of meat in each dish. You are guaranteed to leave with a full stomach.

This restaurant is a safe bet for a good meal in Hemel and a proves to be a great alternative to the likes of an Indian.

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Value for money. The quality and taste was excellent. The restaurant was very accommodating towards our group as we stepped in without booking. Quick and good friendly service.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Being vegetarian and recently becoming gluten-free, I often have trouble finding tasty food to eat, but not here! The waiting staff at Chiang Mai were really helpful and friednyl and went out of their way to make sure that there was something that I could eat. They did say that they can't guarantee that everything is 100% gluten free as they order some things in, but they did what they could to make sure I had a good experience, and I really did! Everything I ate was delicious and I wasn't ill at all afterwards so I would definitely recommend it to any gluten free people out there.

It's a cosy little restaurant situated in the Old Town high street and is definitely worth a visit. The staff are all lovely and helpful, and in addition to the standard menu, there are set menus and even a special deal night where you get a lot of food for very cheap! Delicious food was had all round and we were all extremely satisfied with the quality of food and service that we recieved.