“Wonderful experience!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Had an absolutely lovely experience at Pasta Cibo. The atmosphere was warm and relaxing, and the décor individual and charming. The staff were friendly, helpful, and very attentive; it was easy to get their attention when necessary without them seeming pushy or overbearing, and they were clearly knowledgeable about their menu. The food itself was delicious, authentic, and clearly freshly made, good value, with a lot of variety on the menu for all tastes, and dessert was one of the nicest I've had in a long time! Looking forward to going back!

Brilliant to hear that they are getting a ramp for better wheelchair access, as this was the only area that needed slight improvement.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

What a lovely and charming restaurant. I'm told the menu hasn't changed since it opened and why would you when it's perfect.

At the time of writing you can get a fantastic, freshly cooked pasta dish (or pizza) with a small glass of wine and coffee for £8. The pasta is excellent, I mean just fantastic.

It's the perfect little cafe restaurant and is truly the best Italian restaurant at this price range I've ever been to. It beats some high end places too for the sheer gorgeousness of the pasta!

Recommended as long as I can still get a table there!

Reviewed 11 February 2018

I was visiting good friends for a yearly re-union in Luton. One of my friends visits this Restaurant on a regular basis and it was obvious why he comes so often. The staff were very friendly and the service was first class. The food was lovely, typical italian and we had a lovely afternoon chatting over the "old times" when we worked together in GM. Will definitely visit again next year!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Okay, first of all this isn’t Italy or quality Italian food sorry! It’s Pasta Cebo, Harpenden, set in the 80’s Pasta Cebo is truly located in a time warp, along with its menu and food.
However, prices are truly current.
Arrived in Harpenden around 7pm Friday night, after a 2.5 hour drive, didn’t have much time to choose a restaurant, didn’t want to eat at any chain restaurant.
Walked past Pasta Cebo, it was buzzing so we thought “must be good” walked in got the only table for two, right by the door, a large noisy ground sat opposite.
I noticed lots of people as they left were saying see you again, it was obvious locals used this restaurant lots.
Like, I said it’s like stepping back in time, it’s filled to the brim with TUT, I apologize now to all of you who find this endearing.
The menu is fairly basic, we ordered garlic bread (one small slice but pleasantly okay) a baked aubergine in tomato sauce (from the specials) this dish consists of half an aubergine, some suspect tomato sauce and some flavourless cheese, the cost £7.95 (shocking!) I’d suggest shaving £3 quid off, you’ll still be making huge profit!!
Our mains Crespelle Alla Fiorentina (£9.45) one large tube filled with flavourless spinach & ricotta, my Penne Siciliane Al Forno (£10.95) average, but did seem cooked fresh.
Only one option for wine by the glass, the house red, awful, even if they gave it away, I couldn’t drink it! Setting on a bottle of Peroni, however it can poured, don’t want too assume it was from the tap...
No soft drinks available in cans of bottles, no diet drinks available, my partner who refuses to drink anything from a tap, setteled for some over fruity, full of sugar J2O, not a drink you’d normally associate with Italian dining.
At £40 we didn’t receive good food or drinks, but service was friendly.
If you’re allergic to clutter ( I always associate clutter with dust ) this restaurant isn’t for you!

1  Thank LondonLux
Giuseppe D, Manager at Pasta Cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Hi, My apologies if you did not enjoy your experience at Pasta Cibo, Our aim is to please everybody and sometime it`s difficult as some of us have different taste. Sorry if you didn't like the look of the restaurant, we like to be different from the stereotype look, You mentioned that we where buzzing, we must be doing something right !!!

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful time at pasta cibo with my family. The food was very nice, excellent quality and large amounts. We will definitely go again!