“Terrible slow service, mediocre food”
Review of Strada - CLOSED

Strada
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We're delighted to bring our blend of regional Italian cooking, warm service and stylish interiors to the picturesque and lively town of Harpenden. Serving a delicious menu of regional Italian dishes including pizzas, pasta, risottos and some fantastic meat and fish secondi, Strada Harpenden is the perfect spot for a mid-shopping lunch break or a relaxing leisurely dinner. Check out our Set Menu offering great value on fresh seasonal produce Monday to Friday
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I took my two young boys on Saturday when it was half empty. The starters came quickly but it took a further 50 minutes (after complaining) for the boys to to get their penne bolognaise (which I could have cooked 10 times by then). My main arrived 20 minutes later. I asked for the bill and two scoops of ice cream for the kids. 10 minutes later I asked a different waiter for the same. 15 minutes after that I gave up and left. I complained to the manageress on the way out who said she didn't have enough chefs (to make ice cream?!). She apologized but offered no recompense. Disappointing experience, I certainly won't be back.

1  Thank Matt_H_Genf

Reviewed 10 September 2017

My wife and I had dinner l Sunday, the servers Zoe and Andrea were very friendly and efficient, the who meal was excellent and specifically the Fritto Misto starter was excellent, the pricing was fair value. We'll be returning to this restaurant with our son and daughter, when they're next home for my birthday celebration.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

You cant fault the service and friendly staff in Strada sadly this is really let down by the food itself - really bland and tasteless, such a shame as it could be great if only the food had flavour !

2  Thank Foster456
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

7:30 on a quiet Tuesday night and had run out of menu items. First starter not available, second choice no king prawns so made with tiny prawns. Main course "vegetarian" option, pasta was hard and again missing ingredients that were stated on the menu, when queried were told it wasn't the vegetarian option, it was the non veg option but without the meat. I guess this is why the stock tasted of chicken. Nice desert, but overall meal already spoilt. Won't be returning I'm afraid. Better options available in town for Italian food, give this a miss.

1  Thank far2complicated
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The service was good & friendly, took your order with a smile, but what happens between placing your order and your food arriving I'm not sure. They forgot my olives, had already run out of some ingredients, got a dish wrong, I'm sure used standard short grain rice for risotto making it stodgy, and completely forgot my house salad order! The desserts were lovely but obviously bought in and not made on the premises, which may have been a blessing! Such a shame.

1  Thank Alison W