“Just not good”

Strada
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We're delighted to bring our blend of regional Italian cooking, warm service and stylish interiors to the picturesque and lively town of Harpenden. Serving a delicious menu of regional Italian dishes including pizzas, pasta, risottos and some fantastic meat and fish secondi, Strada Harpenden is the perfect spot for a mid-shopping lunch break or a relaxing leisurely dinner. Check out our Set Menu offering great value on fresh seasonal produce Monday to Friday
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

7:30 on a quiet Tuesday night and had run out of menu items. First starter not available, second choice no king prawns so made with tiny prawns. Main course "vegetarian" option, pasta was hard and again missing ingredients that were stated on the menu, when queried were told it wasn't the vegetarian option, it was the non veg option but without the meat. I guess this is why the stock tasted of chicken. Nice desert, but overall meal already spoilt. Won't be returning I'm afraid. Better options available in town for Italian food, give this a miss.

1  Thank far2complicated

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The service was good & friendly, took your order with a smile, but what happens between placing your order and your food arriving I'm not sure. They forgot my olives, had already run out of some ingredients, got a dish wrong, I'm sure used standard short grain rice for risotto making it stodgy, and completely forgot my house salad order! The desserts were lovely but obviously bought in and not made on the premises, which may have been a blessing! Such a shame.

1  Thank Alison W
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Atmosphere was ok, service was inexperienced air conditioning wasn't working upstairs and a drink was a bit slow coming, And the restaurant wasn't very busy.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

I recently visited this branch of Strada and was warmly welcomed by Christian and the team. I had a table of 16 ladies and that can be a handful at the best of times. Overall the food was really good. There was a couple of meals which didn't quite hit the mark, but I was so impressed with the way the staff handled this, that it didn't taint our evening at all. We were well looked after and I was made to feel extra special for my birthday meal. A big thank you to Christian and the team for the lovely extras and attention we were given as a party. See you down the pub next time! :)

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Not quite sure what has happened to Strada, we have visited 4 times in total the first 2 were brilliant and the last 2 not any near that standard. The restaurant only had 5 other tables for a Friday night. The waiters and waitresses took forever to take our drinks and then deliver them. The food is nothing special either, it's overpriced for what is given. Won't be back anytime soon, shame.

3  Thank AJ071