3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$339
Priceline$292
Trip.com$436
Travelocity$339
Orbitz.com$339
eDreams$292
1,798 results
All reviews terrace restaurant michelin star tasting menu new forest intimate wedding sister hotel journey home motor museum four poster afternoon tea little touches charming hotel gardens are beautiful overlooking the garden special occasion cream tea scones
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2022

oh my goodness. Just when we thought the Montagu Arms couldn't get any better.... it is. Stayed here many times over 13 years (including our wedding) and it never fails to delight, even during covid restrictions which thankfully are lifted now. We were blessed to stay 2 nights in one of the new "cottage" suites - stunning. Similar style of decor to the Hayloft suites, contemporary country house. If I could I'd move there and live permanently! Everything about it from the large comfy bed, velvet sofas and artwork to the large luxuriously appointed bathroom. Loved it. Big shout out to the garden staff, never seen the gardens looking more beautiful. And all the staff are wonderful, from the cleaners to servers in the restaurant. A lot of new young staff in training, they were all trying so hard to exceed expectations - some people on TA have complained about bar staff but you have to cut them some slack and give them chance to shine, which I'm sure they will given time. Thank you all xx

1  Thank hampshiregrrl
Andrew Berridge, General Manager at Montagu Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2022

Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for your continued loyalty to the Montagu Arms Hotel, it is always a pleasure to know that we have such regular and loyal guests.

It is wonderful to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our newly appointed rooms in the cottage, they really are something very special and your review is truly appreciated.

I have shared your comments with the whole team who are always so pleased to know how they have helped ensure a memorable stay.

We look forward to your next visit where you will of course receive a warm welcome.

Reviewed 26 June 2022 via mobile

Incredible Sunday lunch. Highly recommend this place. Beaulieu is stunning anyway but this hotel restaurant is a real touch of class. I feared it would be style over substance but it was incredible. We had a table of 6 and everyone raved about it!

Only thing I would suggest they addressed, is their lack of organisation and staff knowledge. Trying to book a table was hard work and took a lot of patience.
Thankfully they pulled it out of the park and wowed us with their food and restaurant service.

Room tip: Be patient if booking isn't as slick as you'd expect. It's well worth it
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback following your recent Sunday Lunch experience, it is very much appreciated.

I am delighted that your group of six found the lunch and your surroundings to be of such a high quality, and we are so grateful to you for your recommendation to others.

Apologies for any confusion during the booking process, I will certainly speak with the team to ensure we are providing the highest level of service throughout the guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Suzy

Reviewed 23 June 2022

Husband, me, Grace the lurcher and the in laws stopped off for coffee, which we took in the garden. The genuinely warm , charming and courteous service was exceptional. Every member of staff we dealt with was outstanding in their professionalism. The coffee was excellent too. We will be back but for lunch or dinner.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Montagu Arms Hotel for your refreshments, I am pleased that the weather afforded you the opportunity to enjoy your coffee in our beautiful gardens.

We would be delighted to welcome you for lunch or dinner and we look forward to seeing you, and Grace!

Reviewed 17 June 2022 via mobile

Nearly booked this Hotel for our stay… so glad I didn’t, based on our stop off for lunch, the service was bad , first off went into the bar for a menu, no one came for our order so my husband went into the bar ordered and paid, lunch arrived after about 35 minutes, but no drinks? attracted a waiter whom apologised and remarked “ if you hadn’t paid I would have deducted something off the bill” to top it off I noticed a overcharge on the drinks I mentioned to same waiter but did not offer to refund, for such poor service and get charged a service charge is an insult.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mini-Lilly

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies that you experienced a short fall in service during your visit for lunch recently. In order to establish what may have caused this, please could I politely ask that you contact me directly so that we can arrange a mutually convenient time to speak. It is so important to us that our guests leave completely satisfied and it is clear that this has not been the case on this occasion.

I look forward to hearing from you.

andrew@montaguarmshotel.co.uk

Reviewed 8 June 2022

Nice rustic manor house sort of ohtel. Warm welcome. Nice room. In middle of New Forest with cute ponies, river and the motor museum next door. We wish our stay had been longer than one night. Thank you.

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank theglobalexplorer1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Montagu Arms Hotel for your recent night away in the New Forest.

It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed the surrounding areas and we do hope that you will have the opportunity to return in the near future.