US$ 147
US$ 95
US$ 93
Priceline
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 143/night.

US$ 350
US$ 156
Beaulieu Hotel(Beaulieu)
TripAdvisor
1,356 results
All reviewsterrace restaurantmichelin startasting menunew forestsister hotelfour postermotor museumjunior suitejourney homeafternoon teagardens are beautifuloverlooking the gardencharming hotelrestaurant managerlittle touchesspecial occasioncream tea
Reviewed 13 July 2018

I booked a deal through Secret Escapes, one night in a superior room with breakfast for two and access to the spa (located in their sister hotel a few miles away).
As with any special offer, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, this was a wedding anniversary escape for me and my husband, so I was hoping it would live up to the reviews and reputation! It didn't disappoint!

On arrival, we were greeted by a friendly and professional member of staff at the reception desk, he offered us a glass of juice as it was a really hot day, it was very welcome! Check in was efficient and we were then shown to our room on the first floor, number six. It was a spacious double, comfortable bed, no bath, but a walk-in shower (big enough for two!) and lovely view of the well-kept gardens below. There wasn’t air-con, but the receptionist did tell us there was fan in our room should we need it.
We were pleasantly surprised to find a card from the hotel manager, balloon, and chocolate to celebrate our anniversary, a lovely touch! There were comfy robes and slippers and tea/coffee making facilities, including a Nespresso machine and water in the room and the bath sheets were huge and fluffy – big plus point!

We decided to dine at Monty’s – the pub next door, we were due to receive 10% off as part of our bill but forgot to ask so never mind! It was a lovely evening, so we changed our reservation to eat outside and earlier than planned, the outdoor menu was slightly more limited but excellent fish and chips and calamari, service was great, and we enjoyed whiling away the afternoon / evening watching the world go by (which included classic cars and cows!)
We resided to the hotel bar and had a drink in the charming gardens, it was a quiet evening, so peaceful just to sit there and listen to the birds.

When we returned to our room, we noticed house keeping had been, replenished the water, left us a weather update and replenished the bathroom towels - a lovely surprise! The room was hot, but the fan helped, it was very peaceful, and the bed was extremely comfortable, as were the pillows.
We pre-ordered breakfast to be served in our room – a luxury which was lovely to be able to choose. Unfortunately, it was the only downside to our stay, breakfast was only served until 9.30am on weekdays, which we felt was a little early, but appreciate that perhaps weekday trade doesn’t require breakfast any later. When it arrived (promptly at 9.30) we discovered the poached eggs with my husband’s English breakfast had been forgotten. My portion of cod with a poached egg was very small, one poached egg and the tiniest piece of fish, it did look a little sad on the plate! We also realised the yogurt had been missed from our granola. Reception were very quick to rectify it, but whole waiting for the eggs and not being able to start on the granola without yogurt, breakfast did go cold which was a shame as it tasted nice.

The only other thing we noticed was limescale on the giant shower head, which seemed to be preventing the water from spraying properly.

Overall, we had a wonderful 24 hours in this charming, traditional, and luxurious hotel and would return. The village was very pretty with a lake and little high street, plus the classic car museum, which sadly we didn’t get to visit this time.

Room Tip: Room size had a walk in shower, no bath, but overlooks the gardens
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Montagu Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Montagu Arms Hotel, your time and effort is greatly appreciated.

It is lovely that you found your room and the facilities to be to your satisfaction and I was delighted that the weather afforded you the opportunity to dine outside and enjoy the gardens, they really are splendid at this time of year.

Thank you for your observations regarding the breakfast service, I will speak with the relevant teams to look into any issues to ensure that this is not repeated.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a happy anniversary and thank you for choosing the Montagu Arms Hotel, we very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the new hayloft suites. These two story units are amazing. And it’s worth noting that these are the only rooms at the Montagu arms which has air con. And it works perfectly and quietly. 2 massive tv’s, a dram on whisky and a massive bathroom with huge bath (probably room for two but wanted it to myself).

We also ate in the terrace restaurant and had their tasting Menu, which was great. Didn’t choose paired wines as far too expensive, so just choose 2 glasses from the menu.

All in all a great stay.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for awarding us with five stars, it is truly appreciated.

I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay in one our newly developed Hayloft Suites. These suites really are something special and I was delighted to hear that everything was to your satisfaction.

I took great pleasure in sharing your lovely comments with the whole team, which were greatly appreciated.

Thank you for choosing the Montagu Arms Hotel and I really do hope we can welcome you back when your time permits.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Really lovely hotel beautiful room, was give a cool drink when we arrived which was welcome as it was so hot. Little details of care was taken like a welcome card, robes and slippers in the bathroom. No air con but a fan for the hot weather Beautiful garden. Lovely breakfast. And water and apple to take on our journey home.

Stayed: July 2018
Andrew N, General Manager at Montagu Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, and for awarding us with five stars, it is truly appreciated.

I was delighted to read your comments and to see that you were well looked after with cold drinks on arrival and a departure bag on check out. We strive to exceed guests' expectations and make them feel welcome and valued on each and every visit.

Our thanks again for choosing the Montagu Arms Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I simply had to write a review about how utterly amazing this hotel is. I think this is one of the best stays I have ever experienced.

We booked a lovely room but kindly got upgraded to the Hayloft suite in the stunning gardens. In 30 degree heat walking into an air conditioned haven was absolute bliss. The suite is amazing, beautifully decorated with tasteful elegance. The bathroom was the size of most bedrooms with an enormous tub and rainforest shower.

It wasnt just the amazing room that made our stay so special. What stood out was the attention to detail and the small touches. The handmade biscuits, sloe gin and plenty of water which was a blessing. Turning down the bed and replenishing the water, more biscuits and a note about the weather and offering coffee/tea for the morning. These touches made our stay.

We ate in Montys which was very nice. The food was good with local produce and the service very friendly.

Breakfast was top notch and the service delightful. I cannot recommend the granola enough!

When we came to checking out of course this amazing hotel just kept giving and gave us an apple each and a somes bottles of water for our adventure in the new forest.

There are hotels where you would pay double/ triple for a room and not be looked after like this. The staff are a credit to the hotel. If you want to be spoilt then come here. I recommend this hotel to everyone and I will be coming back as soon as I can !!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Montagu Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Guest,

I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay in one our newly developed Hayloft Suites. These suites really are something special and I was delighted to hear that the weather afforded you the opportunity to enjoy a refreshing drink overlooking our beautiful gardens.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Stayed here last weekend with a group of friends. It is simply the best hotel we have stayed in for a very long time. You can tell it is family run because the service is excellent, not full on but the staff are attentive in an understated way. The food is fantastic and the gardens are lovely. Admittedly we had fantastic weather but we came away feeling refreshed and relaxed - just how you should feel after a weekend away, but sadly hotels do not always live up to expectations, the Montagu Arms exceeded ours!

Room Tip: Corner suite was lovely - and had lots of opening windows.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and upload this five star review, it is greatly appreciated. I have shared your comments with the whole team who were delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

I am so pleased that the weather afforded you the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful gardens and our enviable location. We strive to ensure all our guests feel welcomed and valued and so to hear that you considered the service excellent is music to our ears!

Thank you for choosing the Montagu Arms Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.