All reviews hunting lodge billiard room lovely view of the garden swimming pool chain hotel new forest look forward to a return visit modern hotel roll top bath fantastic location tea and coffee great weekend peppa pig world alan jacuzzi gym billiards
Reviewed 15 March 2018

We went to this hotel for a Mothers Day high tea. My daughter in law booked it and paid a substantial deposit.When we arrived we found our table had been given to another party who had only booked for scones and tea.Needless to say, when we arrived a confused old gentleman had to cobble together something for us. The other party soon left I hope they feel very guilty, but I doubt it. The tea was a disappointment to the three mums.The Hotel is Victorian and in my book has that feel and atmosphere. The utensils we had were dirty and so were some pf the plates. Up to this visit I had some thoughts of staying there. However not now, nor would I recommend it. It needs a new management. Can't speak for the health Suite which from the outside looks modern.

Room tip: find somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank sarumsam
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Well having read some reviews I phoned to check they were open and available for afternoon teas and coffee's - all ok 'that shoulds be fine'' so we arrived for Mothers day (actually the day before but Mum had flowers etc so was obviously an occasion}, so we go to order ;teas coffees and 1 cream tea - he takes the order and says ''I will have to ask you to leave'' I was a bit shocked by this random statement but we were out for Mothers day so just asked why - he said they were closed but had opened for us(no mention of that earlier) and he had make scones - so I said ok we'll have some scones ! So to keep him sweet and Mum happy (she hadnt clocked what was happening) so we ended up paying £50 for tea and coffee and a load of scones we didnt want - so my advice is dont go, the guy is obviously having some problems and whilst I empathise I dont think anyone wants that level of rudeness on a day out.Also the cups and milk jugs were pretty filthy.So dont go to this place - nice and quirky it may be but it could be an upsetting experince.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank Mark370
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

DO NOT GO HERE awful, you could not pay me to go back.
Booked it wrong order given. Ours was given to someone else, dirty mouldy cream, no staff, dirty towels in the WC. Dirty cups. This place needs to be closed down, we will be contacting the council Monday regarding hygiene.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Murphy4211
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

On recommendation I drove to bramble hill to look a the venue for a forth coming wedding party !!!!!!! Shock horror !!!!!!! What is it they say about first impressions count It was like going back in time the place was so run down windows rotting and in a really bad decorative state .. I thought I'm going to have to go and have a look inside but all doors locked and no one on site ? After walking around the building I found a leisure club again all locked up but not in keeping with this building as it looked quite new and up together must belong to a third party ... They are advertising on all the web sites as open Cleary not a wasters journey but an experience

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
7  Thank Casshay
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped here after seeing the sign at the end of the drive saying open.First impressions was a nice historic looking
Hotel as u drive up.Parked and went to reception and the end of the hall which was a bit run down and passing a bar area
Which also looks shabby and tired looking.After finding no soul about after 10mins or so decided to leave.

Date of stay: September 2017