All reviewshunting lodgecream teaswimming poolsnooker tablestuffed animalschain hotelgames roomnew forestmodern hotelother guestspeppa pig worldalanbilliardsgymjacuzzidogsteas
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect from reading other reviews but absolutely loved it. Very relaxing and hospitable but don't expect polished corporate efficiency. Just what we were looking for. Felt like part of the family.
Our dog felt the same and happily played with the resident dogs.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
bramblehill, Owner at Bramble Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Pleased you enjoyed your relaxing break. I enjoyed your company and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

It was a last minute booking after having to cut our touring holiday short due to family illness.
Should have guessed what it would be like when they said it would be easier for them if we could eat before we got there.

When we arrived, the outside and location seemed stunning. The inside was a different story. Old, drab and dirty was the first impressions. After finding the reception and ringing the bell 3 times, Alan (manager/owner) appeared in his speedo shorts and filthy hands he took us to our room. initially It Looked Lovely. On closer inspection it was absolutely filthy. Not dirty, filthy.
The on suite bathroom, had no hand towels or complimentary bits (ahem..billed as a 4 star hotel ??????) and one of those stick on bath mats complete with traditional black mould bits.
There were flies all over the place. Cobwebs and dust in all the corridors and furnishings. And it smelled like, well I am not quite sure what of..
This I was prepared to possibly over look as it was only one night, for the pool. However, This was also a disappointment. With the changing rooms also being dirty but no sign of any other guests. ..
Unfortunately due to some escalating personal family issues we had to leave within half an hour of arriving. I had not even opened my travel bag.
Once again. 3 rings of the bell before Alan returns. On explaining my situation, with no sympathy, Alan asked me to pay for the room or part of the cost. A brief argument follows before we leave the 'hotel' to the rumblings of " people like you" and" god will judge you"

I actually and genuinely feel sorry for the man as it seems he was running the whole thing himself. But at almost peak season, this was a big mistake.

A cross between the Munsters and the Addams family would sum this place up. A real shame because as a venue and location, this place could be stunning. I see it's up for sale. Well Alan, have you got change for a £5.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gary C
bramblehill, Owner at Bramble Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Apologies if you found the accommodation not suitable. The Hotel was built circa 1850 and is therefore usually appreciated by our guests for it's beautiful olde world character. It is a priority to keep all rooms in a clean and healthy order, but it is an old building. All rooms are inspected prior to guest arrival. However, I will remind housekeeping staff to check the towels and complimentary toiletries.The non slip bath mats are cleaned and aired. They are placed in bathrooms for occasional use by disabled, elderly and children. My attire was due to an unexpected emergency in the pool plant room. This necessitated me to immediately leave the hotel building. You state that you left your touring holiday for family cicumstances and decided to stop here at the last minute,on route home. You then left citing personal issues. You ommited to point out any of your complaints listed on this reveiw at the time. You did not want to stay, or want to pay any contribution for the time using the room or pool. No charge has been made for your stay. We welcome feed back from our guests. Once again I apologise if the hotel was not to your taste.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

This lovely old world hotel had everything we could have wished for. Alan the owner was friendly and helpful, he made us feel really welcome with our dogs. Breakfast was wonderful, and Alan even did us an evening meal on Saturday evening. Our dogs Rosie and Missy were allowed in the bar area and we had our breakfast there so that they could be with us. On Friday evening we stayed in the bar for a drink and Alan let his own dogs Blue and Indie play with ours while his cat Luna watched. The pool and spa were the cleanest we have ever seen and there was a great gym. If anyone is looking for a place to take their dogs where they will be made truly welcome this is it. The forest is just outside the front doors. There were wild horses, deer, rabbits and Alan still has his own horse Rubén who is very old now and an adopted Guinea Fowl roaming around. Just wonderful. Not modern but very cosy.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2016

What a fantastic choice I made to book this beutifull old you worldly hotel after doing a lot of searching and reading of others in the area. We was met by Alen the owner and what a smashing chap he is. He made us so welcome immediately and we struck up a unique friendship with him that lasted over the 3 days we were there and will hopefully continue into the future as we will defiantly be returning. The hotel is very old with a fantastic history that Alen is more than happy to sit and chat to you about. The furniture in the rooms is old and that is meant for a reason as it matches in with this gorgeous building and yes it smells of its age and it's meant to, it's no different if you were to go to a museum as that is the smell it reminded me of. My wife was unawhere that we were going there but on arrival she fell in love with it and Alen who made our stay so special and even prepared a special dinner for us on our last night for my wife's birthday. The hotel is set in beautifull surroundings in the heart of the new forest and ideal for ramblers or couples like ourselves. I wouldn't suggest it's a hotel for toddlers as this is set out really for adults likewise are the rooms, if you want to take toddlers I suggest a travelogue maybe. The pool and spa complex is fantastic and kept very clean by Alen. Please before booking do some research like I did and if doesn't sound right for you don't book, simple, don't go moaning after the event unless you have real cause. Alen will treat you with respect and has a great sense of humour and the longer you stay you will see what I mean. Thank you Alen for making my wife Jenny's birthday complete. Lastly Alen has two gorgeous dogs and a beautifull cat who we fell in love with straight away. We have many photos some of which we will be sending to Alen of his pets and have many happy memories that we brought away with us. A fantastic owner and friend, thank you Alen we will be seeing you real soon we hope. 5 stars +. Terry & Jenny from the Isle of Wight

Room Tip: Room 16 has fantastic views over the grounds and very quiet as are all the rooms
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Grand imposing building in its own grounds in the New Forest. Single track long driveway to the hotel. Lots of curiosities around the place including a tower, the gardens and even a snooker room. Somewhat old fashioned and in need of some care and attention - peeling wallpaper, metal windows, curtains that don't fit the windows (and let in light). No evening meals but an excellent breakfast. Pet dogs roaming the hotel and gardens freely. No shower gel or shampoo provided. A memorable if quirky stay. Very friendly hotel staff, although it appeared only one person was on for the whole weekend.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo