Hartnett Holder & Co at Lime Wood
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 87
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hartnett Holder & Co is a relaxed, stylish and comfortable upscale restaurant - full of character, yet unpretentious. Angela Hartnett and Lime Wood’s Luke Holder, with their team, create locally sourced English dishes with a respectful nod to the seasons and to Italian culinary ideologies. This collaboration is reflected in their fresh, confident approach ensuring that this is "fun dining, not fine dining". Open all day.
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Visited only because my daughter had given me a voucher for two for lunch but very
impressed with arrival. Mind you - on arrival I thought Land Rover we’re having a
conference with so many new Range Rovers at the entrance! I sheepishly parked my
£30k new last year car and we were then greeted very well by the reception staff who
showed us through to ‘The Courtyard’ for a drink. Service wasn’t immediate in the Courtyard and when we had finished our drink we had to ask to go to our already booked table. The Italian (from Roma) greeted us, showed us to our table in a small window/Bay. It was O.K but not overly warm and my partner was still cold after arriving from a warm car.

Callum, our waiter arrived. Absolutely 100% enthusiastic with every breath. We were
worn out after a few sentences - sorry Callum. You did explain the menu well and we chose carefully. However you did recommend a Rose wine for us. It was Williams Chase and was £46.00! I don’t I’ve paid more than half of that before in any hotel/restaurant.!

The food was all fantastic but we have to say but inevitably all rather ‘rich’. However, we enjoyed the whole experience, old country New Forest Stately Home, good service etc but then the bill! Well over £200 for lunch for two. This is taking the Mickey! I’m not poor, was in business for over 40 years and have had many four and five star experiences over the years. This was good but absolutely not worth that sort of money,

1  Thank kenBournemouth

Reviewed 11 October 2017

High quality dining in a surprisingly relaxed and informal setting. Service was excellent, with just the right balance of informed knowledge and relaxed friendliness.

The food was excellent. We chose from the “shared” menu, which consisted of 5 courses that may change from day to day. We started with a charcuterie board from their own on-site smoke house, followed by pickled summer vegetables with goats cheese and honey (veggies were to die for, but there was too much goats cheese that spoiled the balance of the dish), followed by gnocchi with truffles (to die for, but very very rich), followed by beef with lentils and wild mushroom and finished with “forest floor” chocolate mousse and sorbet (which was an absolute picture).

Not cheap, but certainly a special night out. Signage from the road could have been better - had I not looked it up on a map beforehand, I would have driven straight past it several times!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Staying at the Lime Wood hotel for three nights gave us ample chance to explore the tempting Hartnett Holder & co menu. And having a particular liking for pasta, I made full use of the occasion to put together different combinations. My Anti Pasta was followed by a Primi of reduced size pasta dish, followed by a fuller size Secondi. This is of course not to the average persons taste, such as my wife. She, like most diners, had the more usual meat or fish course for her Secondi. But as for myself, I simply wanted to explore the wonderful pasta dishes of that most wonderful chef, Mr Holder. I really loved the gnocchi, it was simply wonderful. A superb taste of cauliflower cheese. But the best by far (In my opinion) was the incredible pumpkin ravioli. This was so good, I felt compelled to have it again on our final evening. Mr Holder is truly a most creative master of pasta. And I will mention the very attentive sommelier, who steered my wife through her wine selection with good choice, interest and perfectly clear diction. A very friendly young lady, much better than some mumbling old males that frequent other fine dining establishments. The restaurant is a very pleasant place to be. With friendly young staff and a modern feel. We have eaten at Hartnett Holder & co many times now and the evening always produces a sighting of Mr Holder as he stalks through the restaurant. Very well done Mr Holder, very well done indeed.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful cookery school, small classes, superb ingredients all set in a stunning location! Ian who ran the course was incredibly good, he was friendly, patient and very knowledgeable. The knowledge I have gained from today will truly help with my future cooking, I would highly recommend to all - we are about to book into our next class!

1  Thank della w
Reviewed 3 October 2017

A wonderful selection and so much of it, delightful staff and a fantastic atmosphere. Cannot wait to go again