“Pasta please.”

Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 87
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hartnett Holder & Co is a relaxed, stylish and comfortable upscale restaurant - full of character, yet unpretentious. Angela Hartnett and Lime Wood’s Luke Holder, with their team, create locally sourced English dishes with a respectful nod to the seasons and to Italian culinary ideologies. This collaboration is reflected in their fresh, confident approach ensuring that this is "fun dining, not fine dining". Open all day.
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Staying at the Lime Wood hotel for three nights gave us ample chance to explore the tempting Hartnett Holder & co menu. And having a particular liking for pasta, I made full use of the occasion to put together different combinations. My Anti Pasta was followed by a Primi of reduced size pasta dish, followed by a fuller size Secondi. This is of course not to the average persons taste, such as my wife. She, like most diners, had the more usual meat or fish course for her Secondi. But as for myself, I simply wanted to explore the wonderful pasta dishes of that most wonderful chef, Mr Holder. I really loved the gnocchi, it was simply wonderful. A superb taste of cauliflower cheese. But the best by far (In my opinion) was the incredible pumpkin ravioli. This was so good, I felt compelled to have it again on our final evening. Mr Holder is truly a most creative master of pasta. And I will mention the very attentive sommelier, who steered my wife through her wine selection with good choice, interest and perfectly clear diction. A very friendly young lady, much better than some mumbling old males that frequent other fine dining establishments. The restaurant is a very pleasant place to be. With friendly young staff and a modern feel. We have eaten at Hartnett Holder & co many times now and the evening always produces a sighting of Mr Holder as he stalks through the restaurant. Very well done Mr Holder, very well done indeed.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful cookery school, small classes, superb ingredients all set in a stunning location! Ian who ran the course was incredibly good, he was friendly, patient and very knowledgeable. The knowledge I have gained from today will truly help with my future cooking, I would highly recommend to all - we are about to book into our next class!

1  Thank della w
Reviewed 3 October 2017

A wonderful selection and so much of it, delightful staff and a fantastic atmosphere. Cannot wait to go again

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Best restaurant in the New Forest, without a doubt.

Part of the same group as the Pig but in my view more adult. A beautiful house, fab bar and a gorgeous restaurant.

Have been three times recently and each time a joy, the menu changes, food outstanding and a big round of applause for the staff. Charm personified.

Only gripe is the wine list, very toppy and it takes the Micky a bit. Whispering Angel rosé £45 at the ivy in London, over £60 here. You notice it on branded wine, nice as it is.

But still the best place in the Forest - love it.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Engagement lunch. Very well looked after and the food was phenomenal in a beautiful venue. Would definitely recommend for couple or friends. Easy to find and parking was good.