“Retirement Afternoon Tea”

Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2018

Arranged an afternoon tea here to say goodbye to a work colleague who was retiring. I agree with another reviewer that it is difficult to actually talk to anyone and make a booking by phone. Nevertheless we thoroughly enjoyed our event which was better than one I had organised earlier in the year. Special thanks to Irena for her pleasant manner and efficiency.

1  Thank SotonGirl61

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyable evening especially as it was the first evening of Skylarks "Curry night".
2 curries were on offer, a chicken madras and a lamb balti each served with boiled rice and accompanied with popadums and nan bread, all for £9.95. Cobra 330ml lager was also on offer at £2 per bottle.
The service was very good in the dining room although there was also a buffet style curry being served in the function suite.
As it was the first curry evening and being held on a Tuesday night it wasn't very busy but no doubt it'll get busier when the word gets round.

3  Thank bobp2905
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

My mum booked a roast dinner for the family and children instead of cooking herself when we came to visit. Recently I have felt like not wanting to go to out for roasts as you can usually cook much better at home. That said, there are some excellent places to eat closer to home and I can’t speak about establishments around Locks Heath / Whiteley as it’s been a while.

Skylarks was a pleasant surprise. Driving into the private residence gives a VIP feel and ultimately Skylarks is a golf and spa club. They also except the Gourmet Card which I would recommend to anyone. We received 20% off the bill and came in at Circa £70 for three adults and two children, so excellent value for money.

A good selection of wine and the roasts were exceptional! A choice of beef and lamb were available and being awkward as I am, I asked for both which was no problem.

They also have a bar area which doubles as mini club house. You can also eat there should you wish a less formal dining experience.

I’ve heard the steaks are very good also, so well worth another visit when I’m next in the area. If they live up to this last visit, I will come back with an excellent review!

3  Thank Alan H
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Four of us went for an afternoon tea, we were very impressed with the selection & amount of food & tea. The country club is a lovely setting & it was a great treat to dress up a bit & enjoy this treat. You get a selection of finger sandwiches, scone with jam & cream & beautiful little cakes. We were stuffed afterwards.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank trinigal2015
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

A small but comfy place, just ideal to meet with your favourite people.
Cakes are to die for but ressurect fast to taste the next one that sends you straight back to Heaven.
Coffees are lovely but yet to try out anything else, aah except for chocolate and that’s a must.
Friendly and helpful service. I would definitely recommend.
Small but beautiful, try it and see if you agree.

Date of visit: November 2017