All reviews lamb restaurant with rooms new forest fabulous food menu choices sitting area sized room crispy bits booked last minute comfy bed haven t hot chocolate pudding following morning quiet location cooked to perfection plenty of hot water wine list
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

A really good meal; the food was well cooked and well presented. Nice atmosphere and a super setting with friendly, helpful staff. No complaints at all. Is there a negative? Well I had heard a lot about this place and expected to be wowed by the food but I wasn’t. However equally as I say above it was a nice meal in nice surroundings with great staff and would happily return

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2018

The rooms are very clean perfect accommodation the restaurant is a very comfortable place to eat the chef is a Michelin rated chef the food is brilliant would recommend a stay here, the hotel is near the new forest which is an awesome area for taking photos, your also not far from the coast.

Room Tip: Just phone the hotel tell them what you require they will help you.
Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2018

I booked in to stay for an eveing and have a meal mid week in early Feb. It was a toss up between the three Lions or the pub in Fordingbridge. The place was very quiet when I arrived and I wondered if I had made a bad choice. The room was clean and fine. The staff who were also the owners were welcoming (chatty but not intrusive), and after a pint of their lovely draught beer sat down for a wonderful meal. Lovely home made wild mushroom soup and loin of lamb.
For once, I made the right call and thanks to the Three Lions and the staff had a lovely evening on a rather cold february night.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2017

We met with friends here last weekend for a pre-Christmas meal. First impression was the warmth of our greeting and the open wood burning fire. Our pre-dinner wine was excellent and I cannot fault the food in any way. The staff were attentive and the food was served in a timely manner. This is a little gem of a find and I would recommend it without hesitation. The only thing that some people might pull this restaurant up on is its slightly dated interior design, think 70's/80's, however this shouldn't stop you giving it a go. Marvellous find. It was too cold to experience the grounds but I am told that they are a delight in the Summer, so will look forward to returning.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

We had planned to stay here for one night however due to an emergency we were called back home which took three hours

The signs to the hotel and restaurant can be confusing as one cannot see the yellow sign due to the angle of it. On finding the hotel the it was closed at 12.20pm when we arrived even though it clearly states on the door the the hotel opens at 12pm.

The layout of the hotels restaurant and reception area is pleasing to the eye, however, we could not sample the food due to the reason above.

The room was adequate for our needs however for a Mitchelin chef the kettle could have been a little better than being covered in fur.

On leaving we gave the reason for not being able to stay eat and enjoy our time which included breakfast however all this hotel waned the money with out understanding our issues for leaving.

The garden was spacious and we loved the large fruit like objects dotted about.

We would have used this hotel as a venue to stay however, we could not except the hotel not understanding our reasons for not being able to stay and enjoy the meals which we had paid for.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
micky321, Owner at The Three Lions, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

You had not paid for any meals,only B/B.The restaurant was open when you arrived 2 hours before check in time.We asked what time you would like breakfast as you were not dinning with us but you would not give us a time or indicate you were going to have it.
We do descale the kettles every 2 months as we are in a very hard water area.
You used the room for 10 hours & we did discount your room by 40% even though you did not explain what the emergency was.