“Basket meal good friday”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #18 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tucked away in the market town of Romsey, The Olive Tree boasts top-notch food, high-end drinks and all the cosiness and comfort you would expect from a country pub. Relaxed and welcoming, our pub is the perfect place for a post-work pint, lively family meals, Sunday lunch in front of the open fire, or a chilled out evening listening to our weekly line up of live music.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I came in with my family on good Friday and sat in the bar for a couple of drinks.
We ended up eating and having the basket meals.

You get a good size portion for the price and they are bloody tasty.
The service was a little slow, but they were incredibly busy so you can deal with the wait, especially as I was with good company.

I would highly recommend this place as they never fail to impress.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stopped off here with friends after visiting Mottisfont House. The pub was busy which is always a good sign and after a quick glance at the menu, decided we would stay for lunch. Service was a bit slow but it was Easter Monday. After what seemed an age our three soups arrived, lukewarm at best and the advertised 'olive' bread was not olive bread and a bit on the hard side. Having waited so long for the soup we were loathe to send it back but all agreed that if the main course was cold it would definitely be sent back. The trio of fish was a small overcooked piece of haddock, one battered (not tempura as advertised) prawn and one scallop also in batter, odd. Two of my friends asked if they could just have fish and chips instead of the trio and were told this would be no problem. The problem was when the dishes arrived they each received the same small piece of overcooked haddock minus the other 'duo' and were charged exactly the same, shocking.
Maybe this was a blip and we were just very unlucky but I certainly wouldn't rush back.
All our friends said the same about how great it was to get together, shame about the lunch.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Have visited here a few times with my partner and we love it. The menu is great, wine list is fab and the atmosphere inside is quaint. Its a lovely little country style pub with friendly staff and customers too.. Never fails to disappoint.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Often drink in this pub but on Sunday decided to try it for Sunday lunch. Seated no problems and told by more than helpful staff what was on the specials board. My wife and I both ordered the chicken roast. I have to say that everything about our food was spot on. Plenty of chicken and the vegetables were lovely. It was a lovely experience to have a great Sunday lunch at a competitive price. Well done to all involved especially the chef. Will definately be going back.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

A regular haunt for the two of us on ‘free’ Saturdays, when we’re in Romsey.
Good choice of items on the menu, which never fail to satisfy.
Nice atmosphere just off the main thoroughfare.
I’ve recommended this pub to everyone I know, it’s that pleasant.