“Nice interior, enjoyable dinner.”
Review of Hart House

Hart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Hart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 77 Restaurants in Fleet
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 39
Description: Dining is informal in a relaxed environment reflecting the best in British design with a warm friendly welcome. We are proud to offer quarterly seasonal menus with dishes cooked from fresh British ingredients handcrafted by our skilled chefs.
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I decided to take my two grown up children out to eat, as I did not fancy cooking and booked Hart House at 19:15, on line at work. Booking was confirmed by email, about 15 minutes later.

We were met by a lovely lady ( sorry we didn't catch your name) with an Irish accent. She was welcoming and friendly. She offered us a choice of tables. Two other couples were dining and a family.

We were told someone would be with us and we were presented with menus. Whilst catching up with each other, we looked at the menu and waited and waited. No one came to offer us a drink while we browsed, it was a good 20 minutes before our server a male, came over.

We chose two of the small plates two share.
My children, opted for the Hunters chicken burger and I chose the Pork Tomahawk steak with sweet potato fries. I also ordered a portion of purple sprouting broccoli.

We enjoyed our meals and we were asked if everything was ok. We were not asked if we wanted more drinks, though we could have asked if we had wanted them.

Two of us chose desserts. I chose my favourite Sticky toffee pudding and my son chose 3 scoops of ice cream. He wanted Raspberry, vanilla and mango. They brought out salted caramel, when I pointed it out the waiter offered to bring out a mango, but as my son dislikes salted caramel. I asked for it to be changed. I did not appreciate the roll of our servers eyes.

Overall a pleasant dinner in a beautiful interior. There were several tables occupied in the bar and a few more diners later on. I'm not sure about the coffee shop personally. It seems a waste of space. I've passed the Hart, in the week and it seems empty. It would have been better, to have just had the whole front, as a bar area.

Upstairs is a private dining area, lovely for a family meal, but once your in there it looks as if your stuck sitting at the table, as there's no top on to move around.

Toilets are immaculate and again nicely decorated.

Total price of our meal including, a tip was 98.35. We will return at some point.

Wishing them the very best for the future, Fleet needed a More grown up pub.

rebeccaprice05, Manager at Hart House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Hi Fran C,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your visit. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

I do apologies that there was a slight wait on your server visiting you at the table and a small error with the ice cream flavours. I do believe the ice cream was changed for you promptly however I will make sure that your comments are passed on and addressed to our team.

Our coffee shop is doing well, it’s busiest time is normally in the mornings and due to the recent warm weather we have had many guests visiting our coffee shop but sitting outside on our rear Terrance. This may be why you have gone by and thought it was quiet.

Our private dining can seat up to 25people however we do offer options for parties of up to 60people. The space is very versatile and if a family party wanted us to rearrange the room to allow more informal space to enjoy drinks after lunch/dinner we would be more than happy to do this. The tables all separate up to allow different seating/table options.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

What can I say, this is such an amazing new gastro pub in Fleet. The atmosphere is second to none. The staff are fantastic, all of them. Special mention goes to the beautiful Nicole, she is an Irish gem. Anyone that visits will have a blast. Will keep coming here until I move to pastures new. Please all visit this pub if you’re ever in Fleet, Hampshire. You will not regret it! ✨

Hi joannaeperret,

Thankyou for your lovely review, I will be sure to pass on your great comments to all of our team including Nicole!

We have our next supper club coming up which you may be interested in. It’s running on Wednesday 6th June at 7.30pm hosted by our very own talented head chef Ray Brenner. It’s a sneak peak of our summer menu with accompanying cocktails! Tickets are £35pp.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Love this place, great food, friendly staff, hot tasty food & clean. The service is fabulous as staff always serve with a smile.

rebeccaprice05, Manager at Hart House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi Dom G

I’m very pleased that your enjoyed your visit to us here at Hart House.

We are running our next supper club on Wednesday 6th June that you may be interested in coming to. Our Head Chef Ray will be hosting an exclusive and intimate preview of our exciting new summer dishes, each paired with a selection of summer cocktails!
Tickets £35pp

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

A disappointment as we really want new food places in Fleet. The food was warm at best which we hate. Sadly we won’t be visiting again

Hi Sarahandgraham,

Thank you for your review. We do strive to send out hot food straight from the kitchen so apologies if this hasn’t been achieved to its best on your visit however a little further feedback to explain why you would not be visiting us again and rated us 2/5 would be much appreciated.
If could you email me directly on harthouse@epicpubs.com I would be happy to discuss this further.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Good food and great service from Nicole! Started with bread, olives etc. which was decent size and tasty bread. We had their version of surf and turf which was steak and calamari and a burger - all nice, well presented. Drinks and food served timely. Reasonably priced. Would have scored 5, but one steak was a bit grisly. If you are going to serve steak like that, it’s ok as long as you serve a little bit more!

rebeccaprice05, Manager at Hart House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Hi John D,

I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit, I will make sure your lovely comments are passed on to our team including Nicole.
We are very proud to say that our bread from our sharers is home baked by our chefs so I am glad you enjoyed it.

Im sorry that you found one of the steaks to be slightly grisly. The flat iron steak, that we used for our special surf and turf, is renowned for being a cut full of flavour however it does contain a grisly membrane which is unavoidable.

We also run burger night every Thursday evening from 6pm that you may be interested in.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,