“Excellent ”

Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Farnborough
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Abit tucked out of the way behind Morrison's but once inside it is bright and airy. We have visited a few times this year, food is good, portion sizes generous (maybe a little too much for me), the menu is massive so bags of choice which works really well for big family get togethers, and they are fantastic with the kids! We'll be back soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Wow! I cannot recommend this place enough!! As a family of five - all with very different eating habits and tastes .... we all left feeling the same - full, happy and very pleasantly surprised. (One vegan , 2 pescatarians, 2 normal diet!)

For starters we ordered a mix of crab cakes, garlic and sweet chilli prawns, loaded potatoes skins and crispy mushrooms. My oldest son being vegan put in a special order of nachos minus cheese, sour cream etc....

He struggled to find something on the menu so ordered sweet potatoes fries in the end. Our waiter could not have been more helpful making suggestions and speaking to the chef to try and accommodate him somehow. He suggested we let them know next time we were coming so that they could prepare a special vegan dish ahead!!! (Fabulous service!!)

Mains:
One youngest teenage son ordered the pork belly which he said he was delicious!!! My middle son ordered burger and chips which again was delicious ! My husband ordered a falafel burger and I ordered a butternut squash and almond risotto which was amazingly tasty!!! When our orders came the waiter said there was a surprise for my oldest son (the vegan) and then proceeded to bring out an amazing vegan meal ....it resembled a vegetable en croute dish which he devoured! We were all astounded by the effort that the chef and waiter had made .

At the end of the meal my eldest son made a point of going to thank the chef personally.

Fabulous fabulous personal and outstanding service but also excellent food at a reasonable price!!!!

We will most definitely be back when my boys come home to visit next time!!!

Thankyou so much!!!!!!

1  Thank Kidsagent
Reviewed 20 March 2017

I brought a large party of 17 here for a meal on Saturday and the restaurant were excellent. I had provided them with meal choices in advance as requested, but discovered in the week before the meal that they had changed their menu since all the guests chose their meals! Fortunately, they were very accommodating,and made peoples choices from the old menu anyway, even though many of these dishes were not on the new menu. This saved me a huge headache trying to contact everyone to have them choose again, and I really appreciated their flexibility. They had the pre-orders written down when we arrived so we were able to check that they had the right number of dishes for the number of people, and this meant then when the food came out everything went smoothly.
At least two of the guests had special dietary requirements (gluten-free and dairy-free) and they were also able to accommodate these. The portions were huge too!
I would highly recommend the Crab and Anchor for a relaxed meal with a large group, we had a lovely evening.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

We went there on a Sunday without reservation and thankfully we had a table. It was our first visit to the Crab & Anchor and we know for sure we will go there again.
For starters I had the mushrooms and my hubby the fried Brie and we both liked them. For main I had the chicken caprese and my hubby the Crab & Chilli Linguini and we enjoyed it it. The Caprese was a big portion so my husband finished it for me.
The service was very attentive and good.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Friendliest staff makes it a great evening and the new menu is fantastic.
If you want homemade food by their brilliant chefs this is the place to visit.
Never disappointed