“Birthday Celebration - Fabulous Meal”
Review of Villa Romana

Villa Romana
Ranked #7 of 179 Restaurants in Fareham
Price range: US$ 38 - US$ 63
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Fareham’s Villa Romana rustic and contemporary combine to create an authentic Italian dining experience with a splash of olde worlde English thrown in to the mix. This centrally located, 18th century coach house oozes character with exposed brick and beams.The ideal setting for a romantic evening or stylish dinner with friends. Villa Romana is using fresh local ingredients, the Chefs produce an excellent combination of classically traditional and inspirational new dishes to whet the palate of any Italian food fanatic.
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Pre booked a table for a party of 8 to celebrate my Birthday as we had been meaning to visit for several months - we were not disappointed !
Food was top class, the whole party thoroughly enjoyed each course. Service was relaxed but still attentive and nothing too much trouble. Very refreshing not to see a pizza on the menu - if you want good quality genuine Italian food then look no further - We will be back - thanks to the Villa Romana team for a great night.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Went to Villa Romano for our 15th wedding anniversary. The service was exceptional and the food was fabulous! We had traditional Italian rice balls and a crab dish for our starters ... superb! Mains were duck breast and lamb shoulder ... both delicious and the lamb shoulder was huge, so much so I couldn't eat it all! I definitely recommend Villa Romano. Prices are well within what I would expect to pay for the quick of the food and service.

1  Thank 798AndreaB798
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We booked in for my son's birthday on the Friday night. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately. It was clear the menu is flexible - meaning, you look at it, get an idea, if you like the item as described, order it. You won't be disappointed. However, if you struggle or would like changes, just ask. They are flexible and creative. Most importantly, the food is DELICIOUS! Not one bad item. They made a fuss of us and we so very much enjoyed our experience. In fact, we enjoyed it so much, we decided to celebrate a second night with 8 of us. They squeezed us in. We were not rushed. They listened to us, they met our needs. Again, not a bad meal or item was served. Everyone has such a great time. WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. Can't wait to go back to Fareham!!!! Oh, and incredible value for the quality of the food and size of the portions. Go hungry. Go to sit and relax and enjoy each other. Perfect venue.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Been coming here for years with friends, family and partner and always have an amazing time. Owners are incredibly friendly and have fantastic customer service. We know we will always be well looked after here. Food is absolutely fantastic as well. Always tastes so fresh and is delicious. Thanks to Villa Romana for many amazing times and many more to come.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018

WOW - wanted to find an Italian restaurant whilst visiting friends and searched google for Fareham, the Villa Romana sounded good so my wife & I visited without a reservation. The place was already quite busy in the early evening but we were offered a table. We were immediately offered a drink but I had already perused the online wine list and chose a bottle from there - I was informed that they no longer had that wine but showed me a similar wine that I decided upon - what a superb choice - I now have another Italian favourite red wine!
The menu had good choices and we decided on a starter & main - the food was served soon after and was absolutely lovely. My wife left room for a sweet, while I decided to polish off bottle number 2 of our wine - again this was very tasty.
The service was very good and we were made very welcome - overall one of my favourite restaurants.
We will be back next time we are in the area!

Date of visit: April 2018