“Fabulous, as always”

Price range: US$ 39 - US$ 65
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Fareham’s Villa Romana rustic and contemporary combine to create an authentic Italian dining experience with a splash of olde worlde English thrown in to the mix. This centrally located, 18th century coach house oozes character with exposed brick and beams.The ideal setting for a romantic evening or stylish dinner with friends. Villa Romana is using fresh local ingredients, the Chefs produce an excellent combination of classically traditional and inspirational new dishes to whet the palate of any Italian food fanatic.
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Went to Villa Romano for our 15th wedding anniversary. The service was exceptional and the food was fabulous! We had traditional Italian rice balls and a crab dish for our starters ... superb! Mains were duck breast and lamb shoulder ... both delicious and the lamb shoulder was huge, so much so I couldn't eat it all! I definitely recommend Villa Romano. Prices are well within what I would expect to pay for the quick of the food and service.

1  Thank Andrea B

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We booked in for my son's birthday on the Friday night. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately. It was clear the menu is flexible - meaning, you look at it, get an idea, if you like the item as described, order it. You won't be disappointed. However, if you struggle or would like changes, just ask. They are flexible and creative. Most importantly, the food is DELICIOUS! Not one bad item. They made a fuss of us and we so very much enjoyed our experience. In fact, we enjoyed it so much, we decided to celebrate a second night with 8 of us. They squeezed us in. We were not rushed. They listened to us, they met our needs. Again, not a bad meal or item was served. Everyone has such a great time. WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. Can't wait to go back to Fareham!!!! Oh, and incredible value for the quality of the food and size of the portions. Go hungry. Go to sit and relax and enjoy each other. Perfect venue.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Been coming here for years with friends, family and partner and always have an amazing time. Owners are incredibly friendly and have fantastic customer service. We know we will always be well looked after here. Food is absolutely fantastic as well. Always tastes so fresh and is delicious. Thanks to Villa Romana for many amazing times and many more to come.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

WOW - wanted to find an Italian restaurant whilst visiting friends and searched google for Fareham, the Villa Romana sounded good so my wife & I visited without a reservation. The place was already quite busy in the early evening but we were offered a table. We were immediately offered a drink but I had already perused the online wine list and chose a bottle from there - I was informed that they no longer had that wine but showed me a similar wine that I decided upon - what a superb choice - I now have another Italian favourite red wine!
The menu had good choices and we decided on a starter & main - the food was served soon after and was absolutely lovely. My wife left room for a sweet, while I decided to polish off bottle number 2 of our wine - again this was very tasty.
The service was very good and we were made very welcome - overall one of my favourite restaurants.
We will be back next time we are in the area!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Because of my business, I have had the opportunity to eat in very many restaurants in all continents (except South America).
I have been fortunate to eat in some of the worlds best establishments.
I have to say, that I rate Villa Romana on my personal top 5 restaurants I have ever eaten in; and at 72 years of age, that's a fair few restaurants.
I cannot recommend Villa Romana less than the very top.
The menu is outstanding. When they cannot serve an item on the menu, and this is rare, they are quick to advise another equally suitable dish.
I don't want to single out the hors d'oeuvre, the mains nor the dessert. All are simply amazing creations.
And I will mention at this stage that the proportions are more than enough for anyone I know.

The service & the ambience is equally top notch.

My friends and I try and make frequent visits to Villa Romana. We're all (7 of us) retired and equally worldly wise & well travelled.

I would (no I will) choose Villa Romana for all future celebrations & special events.

I live some 65 miles from the restaurant; and the drive is very well worth the time & effort & staying over in the area.

I'm very grateful to my good friend Pete Wall for introducing me to this restaurant some 2 years ago.

The proprietors are a genuine Italian family, and have been running this restaurant for 20 or 30 years.

They do not need to practise running a restaurant, they have tuned it to perfection for many years.

And in conclusion the oysters (have to be pre-ordered) are simply to die for. Extremely large and succulent.

My friends & I shall be going back soon --- again.
Well done Villa Romana