“This ruined my valentines weekend”

The Roundabout Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Fareham
Reviewed 26 March 2012

so my partner booked this hotel for me as a suprise for Valentines day.... although i am so happy with the gesture the hotel litreally made me feel DIRTY

On arriving we had to walk threw the crowded bar area with alot of drunk loud men watching football to get to our room after walking up the many many stairs we got to are room and entered an oven windows didnt open and heater couldnt be turned off

the en-suite was pointless it was tiny! I Got wash my hands and pee and put my feet in the bath all at the same time, the bath was dirty

The bed was uncomfy tho hey get a plus for the duvet (thats the only plus) the cups for tea/coffee were dirty (after a long wash with boiling water) i had a tea and to my surprise the milk out of date (I Noticed this AFTER i took a few gulps my tea)

for hours we could hear people shouting downstairs, the location is quiet for being near a motorway...

It was very cheap but i would never set foot here again....it felt dirty,run down and outdated...

Room Tip: if you can afford more DO IT
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Maggyxmoo

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Im not paying a fOrtune and if your expecting the Hilton, you have come to the wrOng place.

However not plastic fantastic and lovely food fire and a old fashioned pub!!! No dodgy cans or over priced menus in rooms. Good old fashioned grub and good beer! Ave.

Good price good location nice and comfortable.

Im not sure what others want from a hotel but atmosphere is a key.

Ignore a few nAysayers! It's people like them who litter this site and make me wrote reviews, which I don't enjoy!!!

Barry.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We had booked a one night stay here to attend a wedding in Fareham, but I was quite concerned after reading some of the reviews on here.
When we arrived there was just one man attending to the bar and the customers checking in, he was busy but polite. He showed us to our room, offered to carry our bags and called a taxi for us.
Our room was ok - it was plesantly decorated and had all we needed for one night's stay. The bathroom smelt "smokey" and was very small and cramped. I am not tall but when I stood in the bath to use the shower my head almost touched the ceiling, my boyfriend had to kneel to use the shower. The hotel was a little "old fashioned" and could do with a facelift in areas. Our room overlooked the roundabout/main road and was a little noisy but nothing that stopped us sleeping.
The carpeting on the stairs and landing was stripey and very difficult to see where you were going, where the edge of the steps were etc - this was actually a little dangerous I felt for people who were not too steady on their feet.
The breakfast was ok - my boyfriend enjoyed it but I didn't like it that much. There was only us and another couple in the dining room, a maintenance man was on a ladder next to our table replacing lightbulbs (which I felt could have waited until we had gone) and there was no atmosphere in there - we were listening to the staff complaining with each other about various issues. A radio or some background music would have improved this.
The stay was £65 for both of us including breakfast which was ok, however we have stayed in some much more luxurious b&b's for the same money. I would stay here again if I had to be in the area overnight but I wouldn't choose to come back just for a visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We broke down on M27 and had to find somewhere to stay overnight near the RAC garage. We were greeted by a very friendly man who showed us to our room, which was very clean, a good size and had everything we needed - the bed was comfy too. All the communal areas were clean and inviting. We managed to catch a last order at the bar and chatted to two friendly locals. The next day it was gale force winds and raining hard and the hotel staff generously allowed us to stay in our room until the car was fixed (3pm) with no extra charge. Good value for money and the staff made this an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Stayed at this Hotel whilst visiting family in Fareham. Chose the Roundabout as it was within walking distance, but very dissapointed. We were shown to our "twin en-suite room" which was up about 5 flights of steps and through at least two doors. on carpet that was stripey, but the wrong way, making it difficult to see the edge of the steps (could be dangerous for elderly people or young children).

The room was very shabby, and could have done with a total refurb. Beds were clean, and towels were clean - that's the best that can be said. Sealant hanging off the folding shower screen, and crumbs underneath the hospitaility tray - which we didn't use throughout our stay.

We thought the breakfast might make up for it, but we were sorely dissapointed in that respect too. Bacon looked as if it had been under the grill for a week, and was hard. Two fried eggs - also hard, a cold grilled tomato, and toast that simply wasn't toasted.

The only good thing about this Hotel was that the staff were friendly, but all in all a very shabby place, probably the worst I've ever stayed in, won't be returning.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynn O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fareham
0.5 km away
6.4 km away
Solent Hotel & Spa
Solent Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Whiteley

Been to The Roundabout Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK