“Anniversary dinner at Nicolino's”
Review of Nicolino's

Nicolino's
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Emsworth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2022

Wow! What a fantastic find Emsworth!
My husband and I had an anniversary dinner at Nicolino's. I gotta say, this is going to be our go to place! Service is fantastic, staff are friendly and helpful. Food is stunning, absolutely delicious and portion size are very generous. Great evening. Will be visiting this restaurant again. Highly recommended if you looking for a relaxing, family like atmosphere where you feel welcome and looked after. Thank you so much to everyone at Nicollinos ! :)

Date of visit: August 2022
Write a reviewReviews (947)

Reviewed 23 July 2022

This is my second visit to nicolinos since my last time I came in on March and it’s even better. AS ALWAYS food is delicious and on time. There are news dishes and specials that keeps us guessing and on our toes and the service couldn’t even be better. Great value for the food and portions and the service charge very well deserved and appropriate, especially in days like these when our economy is going through recession which impacts businesses like this in this industry.

Thanks to the staff for a brilliant evening and to the young lad who was our waiter for the evening, you were attentive and caring, and my grandmother can’t seem to stop talking about you. Shame I couldn’t get your name!

Give this place a go they won’t disappoint

Reviewed 22 July 2022

We came for the first time with our very special friends for Helens birthday. Helen has been coming to this restaurant for 25 years as they have always received excellent service and was really looking forward to the evening. Helen had phoned to book a table and specifically requested a window seat and was told to come at 8.20pm as this was the time that they could guarantee a window seat. Upon arrival we were shown to a seat that wasn't in the window. When we asked about this the waiter apologised and offered us free desserts as compensation. The waiter then also boughta very small bottle of prosecco and said this was for Helens birthday. We really enjoyed the meal, it was excellent despite one of the starters going awol. At the end hof the main course we were offered the dessert menu and reminded the waiter he had promised us desserts on the house. He then claimed the small bottle was instead of the desserts. Helen was heartbroken by then an we left with bitterness as the final course. A disappointing experience overall after such high expectations.

1  Thank B2176QFmarkm
Deniz A, Owner at Nicolino's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2022

Sorry you felt this away again, Friday & Saturdays are really busy days therefore staff taking bookings could have forgotten to mention a window table request. As an apology, we offered the prosecco, on top of that the service charge was refunded and at the end of the meal we did offer to give free desserts to all 4 of you which was declined. I do sincerely apologise again, no one is perfect and mistakes do happen. I know nothing can compensate or change the matter, I just hope you give us another chance to show improvement.

Yours sincerly

Owner of Nicolinos

Reviewed 10 July 2022

Went in to give a go seeing the reviews all positive all round and my god what a blast we had. The food couldn’t have been better and the service top notch. I was a bit sceptical at first seeing the minor reviews but clearly from the experience I had these were one off and every restaurant has there off day. Tip my hat off to you lads keep killing it. Also I recommend to anyone if you want 100% good food and service which they deliver but in the off chance they don’t go in on Tuesdays to Thursdays, they’re mad packed on Fridays and Saturdays. Even so the service was quality with the food being delicious and staff being attentive.

Highly recommend to everyone going in for a meal and have a good time anytime. Plus it’s good money for value the portions and HUGEE.

Reviewed 8 July 2022 via mobile

I’m afraid that from the outset everything was off - a sticky table and too much noise were not a good start. When ordering drinks, the white wine offered was (unimaginatively) Pinot Grigio, and when requesting something else by the glass the only option was the house white. They couldn’t tell us what it was; it turned out to be Chardonnay; and let’s face it, that’s not very Italian, is it?

Oh, and then the waiter spilled it on my father. Still, accidents happen…

Anyway, my heart sunk as I read the menu. Surely fish shouldn’t be flavoured with coriander and served with pilaf rice in a “traditional” Italian restaurant? I decided to opt for what would be safest. A mistake. The risotto of the day was a total mess. I have no idea what they did to the mushrooms to make them so unpleasant. The chicken tasted dodgy. And the rice itself was sloppy and fatty with none of the creaminess one might hope for.

‍♂️

I did complain (politely) and to be fair they did say they were sorry we hadn’t enjoyed our meal. They also offered a discount, which was a kind gesture. The question we were left asking ourselves was this: do they actually think what they’re serving is good, do they not care, or… what, exactly? A mystery.

We won’t be going back

1  Thank Greypumps
Deniz A, Owner at Nicolino's, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2022

Hi

So sorry you felt this way, constructive criticism is always welcome as we always look ways to better ourselves. On behalf of our staff i would like to apologise for spilling the wine, however we did offer another one free of charge. Everyone has bad days and makes mistakes so I do wish you do forgive us and give us another chance. As for the white wine, we do have plenty of selection, we also provide Surya Bianco by the glass as well Verdicchio & Sauvignon Blanc by the bottle. Once again sorry you felt this way, everyone has an off day so hopefully you will try to give us another shot to redeem ourselves.

Kind regards