3,039 results
All reviewswalk in wardrobeafternoon teaturn down servicefive star hotelriver viewcar parkrooms are largebirthday treathuge bedfantastic hotelsuperior roomfloor to ceiling windowsmini barfantastic staycity centrehotel barbars and restaurants
Reviewed 9 April 2010

My partner stayed at The Lowry for 2 nights and was very impressed. Gorgeous scpacious hotel. The rooms where impecable, compy and large. The bathroom was also the same. We had drinks in the bar which was a little pricey but what you expect. We had breakfast in the dinning area one morning and one served to our room, both excellent.

The staff are extremely helpful especially the concierge who tried everywhere to book us a table at an italian. We tried to book into the spa but it was fully booked - so book before you go.

Location is also good just a short walk into the main town. I can't fault this hotel apart from it is a bit expensive but if you can afford it why not!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jbrett
Reviewed 7 April 2010

The staff makes it fabulous, the spacious rooms are simply a plus.

On a visit mixing both business with pleasure my husband I could not have been more pleased. From our lovely doorman to concierge to the bar to room service..simply wonderful.

During a busy few days, requesting service for reservations to outside dining, in house guests, groups to meet in the bar...all was handled with elan'. Combine their concept of total service with large rooms and spa treatments delivered to your door.

We have a new favorite hotel in Manchester.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2010

We have stayed at the Lowry Hotel a couple of times now event through we live in near-by Cheshire. The first time last year was after our wedding reception at the hotel which was fault less and then we stayed again this year for a special occasion.

The hotel is perfect from the moment you walk in. All the staff are friendly and can’t do enough to help. The hotel feels special and luxurious without feeling pretentious.

Our room was amazing and spacious and we felt relaxed just by walking in it. It over looked the river and had lovely views especially on a snowy day.

As it was a special occasion we ate in the hotels restaurant which we found to be amazing, both the food and service was perfect.

I would highly recommend this hotel especially for a treat or special occasion.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SamM2509
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I have stayed at the Lowry many times, along with family we always go back mainly due to the lovely staff, spacious rooms, great location and nice atmosphere.

We have always had fantastic service in the bar, although it can be pricey you do get what you pay for. Having breakfast in your room is a nice touch and the food has always been great with plenty of choice. I have eaten in the restaurant before and although the staff were attentive, the food was excellent, it lacked atmosphere and I personally felt a little uncomfortable, almost like we were being watched.

As I have said the bar staff on our recent visit couldnt do enough to accomodate us, in fact it really impressed me and I wanted to hold a charity event there as it seemed the perfect place. However when we came to do this the lady dealing with us was less than enthusiastic, not very forthcoming with ideas/help, and quite frankly made us feel like we were not good enough or could afford to hold it there. It was really disapointing after always having such high opinions and good memories of the Lowry hotel, but i guess there are other lovely hotels in manchester to try.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank WestYorkshireTulip1
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Difficult to fault this hotel. Well-appointed room, spotlessly clean. Good quality food. Attentive and efficient staff who are obviously achieving high standards I was most impressed by the attention to little details - for example someone tidied my room and shut the curtains whilst I was out having dinner... more than met my expecations and would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple