1,765 results
All reviews bit dated city centre across the road tram stop media city buffet style central manchester full english stayed here for one night lowry theatre quays clipper canal
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as a family (two rooms) during our recent visit to Manchester for the Man Utd v Swansea game. Our first night was booked through Expedia and the second was part of a package with Thomas Cook Sport. We had been in contact with the hotel to ask if we could keep the same room as we had separate bookings. Lee-Anne was very responsive and helpful and ensured we kept the same room with the minimum of fuss. Anna at reception deserves a special mention, as she was so cheerful, attentive and friendly throughout our stay. She really made us feel welcome and could not do enough for us. We really felt at home. Thank you Anna!
The hotel itself is a little dated, but the rooms are comfortable with a very powerful shower and all the amenities you need (hairdryer, toiletries, kettle with a good selection of hot drinks etc.)
I travel frequently on business but have to say that the breakfast at the Copthorne Manchester is one of the best I have had. It’s buffet style but everything is freshly prepared and frequently replenished.
Another star at the hotel is Lynn in the bar, we really enjoyed talking to her and she coped well with the very busy bar on a match day weekend.
We will definitely return to the Copthorne Manchester and cannot recommend the hotel enough, well done Copthorne Manchester, your staff are amazing!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank pdjroberts
Clare P, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review. I will ensure the team members are congratulated on their excellent service and we look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Great price, great location. The rooms are very tired. Breakfast was lovely. We had to wait in reception as it was too busy in the breakfast room even though there were many empty tables. I would stay here again. Free parking. We had a suite but it isn’t really one, it is large but really old fashioned.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Dean S

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback we really appreciate it!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I visited this hotel for a weekend conference. The parking was on site and accessible. My room was comfortable and the wifi was effective. Breakfast was the usual buffet self service and well stocked. On the Saturday we had a conference dinner, with a magnificent main course of beef, which was among the finest that I have had for a long time. They certainly don't serve you small portions in Manchester!!! The staff were helpful and friendly. An enjoyable experience and I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank B9575CEdavida

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us!

We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 27 March 2018

The hotel was easy to find as it was well signposted from the main road. There was ample parking on site.
The reception staff were very helpful and checking into the hotel was simple and straightforward, having never been to this hotel before, she took time to explain where everything was, and where my room was.
The room itself was of a nice size, and it was very clean.
There is a choice of eating in either the bar or the restaurant, the choice of food was good, this is both in the evening and for breakfast. There is seating with a view of the waterfront from the restaurant which was a surprise.
All in all a pleasant stay and somewhere I will probably be using in the future on my next visit to Manchester.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank D5069IIneilr

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us I am so pleased to read that it was an enjoyable experience and we look forward to welcoming you on your return visit

Reviewed 27 March 2018

GOOD - good location, efficient reception staff, free parking, reasonably priced, seemed clean, big room, roll in shower with seat for wheelchair users, some basic complimentary toiletries, outside of building and entrance foyer look ok.

BAD - corridors and our room (331) VERY run down. Bathroom door bashed, broken and splintered. Carpet old, badly stained and grubby. No headboard on bed. Top of bed butted up against old and broken sliding wardrobe doors which rattled loudly every time we moved. No bedside cabinets, had to use chair for bedside table, not ideal as too low and not exactly stable. No bedside lights. Only light in bedroom was a huge strip light on ceiling, with its switch at the room entrance so had to get up in pitch black for toilet during the night, which was particularly bad as this was a disabled room! Also, shelf in bathroom with toiletries out of reach for anyone in a wheelchair like myself. Room and toilet looked as if it had been well cleaned, then we found someone else's shower gel jammed in the shower seat. Complimentary toiletries not replenished when room cleaned. Also, cleaner left tissues on floor. Room did not look like the rooms pictured on their website which looked nice. Would not stay here again unless they refurbished the place.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fatandjolly

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, it is only when our guests let us know about issues that we can look to improve them.
I will ensure your feedback is passed to the team members so we can focus our efforts on meeting our guests needs
I do hope that we will see you back at the hotel in the future