“Wouldn’t waste your time”
Review of Cafe Rouge

Cafe Rouge
Ranked #24 of 366 Restaurants in Salford
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Café Rouge Salford Quays is the perfect place to experience our authentic Parisian menu. Located on the banks of the historic Manchester canal enjoy the views over a glass of your favourite vin rouge. Upon entering the bistro you are instantly welcomed by our stunning local design theme, a Lowry French art movements inspired wall mural, and our outside seating area is the spot for the best in al fresco dining. Join us now for a slice of culture and a great taste from our amazing menu.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

If i didn’t already have a pre paid Virgin experience days voucher, i’d have left. Took 15 minutes to be served by a very miserable waitress and the drinks didn’t come until we finished our starters as the bar staff were stood catching, one which was the manager, not a good look as she was already unfriendly enough. Sheldon stepped in and he is a absolute credit to your restaurant. Such a happy bubbly member of staff clearly you need to be employing more people like him and check the rest of the staff who look like their waitressing at a wake.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've always rather liked Cafe Rouge, and work in the area so have eaten here alone a couple of times, once with a friend. It's often quite quiet on a weekday, and if I'm alone the staff are extremely friendly. Nice atmosphere though, warm and welcoming. One female member of staff even offered to get me a tablet to read because my phone battery was low, and sadly they don't have newspapers as they used to in other branches if not here. The food isn't out of this world, it is competent but could do with a bit of finessing. I've had the Salade Nicoise a couple of times - the addition of avocado is a welcome twist on the original, the second time I ordered it the tuna had been a bit over enthusiastically seared so it was a bit too singed on the outside, and hence the steak was a touch on the tough side. The first time I felt the dressing was on the stingy side but couldn't be bothered to ask for more - and they must know that because the second time round the waiter offered me some extra dressing on the side and I gladly accepted it. But overall it was enjoyable every time, good place to eat alone or with friends, nice menu with lots of interesting choices. I don't eat meat and there were several good options for me. It probably won't blow your mind as a gastronomic experience, but it will be a nice comfortable place to eat a decent meal. And look online for vouchers before you go, big chains like this invariably offer discounts on the food - it took me a couple of minutes to find a valid code for 40% off the a la carte menu. My value rating is based on that discount.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with my husband and son after shopping and had a lovely lunch. The waiter Sheldon was excellent, very attentive, good with kids and made sure we were kept informed when our food would arrive, even though we didn’t have to wait long at all anyway. Would recommend

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We’ve visited this restaurant many time and always found them friendly and welcoming. A old afternoon yet snuggly and warm inside the restaurant. As normal the food was a good standard and the confit de canard was really tasty. The red wine was served at a perfect temperature. Service was good and we felt we had personal attention despite being really busy.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

In fairness we were told that there would be a forty min wait for food however the beef with mash in wine sauce was tough over cooked, fatty and a very poor cut of meat. I did not complain and promptly ordered a cheese toast instead which I knew they did really well and as I was so hungry I could not go wrong. Unfortunately I was let down my ham was burnt toast was dry and there was hardly any cheese in the toast. Forcing me to complain to our Waiter Barry who I have to confess was outstanding at handling it although he had several tables he was rushing around trying to deal with at the same time. It was so clear they were under staff. The point here is that even tho Barry was outstanding in service the quality in food left little to be desired and the fact that he was rushed off his feet with no help - same as the rest of the waiters we will not be frequenting any Cafe Rouge establishments again as it’s clear they are about profit and not about good food