“One of the best Sunday Lunches”
Review of Foston's Ash

Foston's Ash
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Birdlip
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 23
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of the Cotswolds, we pride ourselves on delivering brilliantly fresh and locally sourced food & beverages. With extensive gardens (with play area) to enjoy in the Summer and open log fires in the winter, The Foston's Ash is a true Cotswold destination in the heart of the Cotswold Hills. We aim to promote a community feel at The Foston's. As such all of our dishes freshly produced on site using only the finest ingredients from local suppliers. Dogs, horses and children are of course also welcome in our happy and friendly pub. As our beautiful country pub is only an idyllic ride away to Edgeworth & Longdole Polo Club and only a short drive to Cirencester Park & The Beaufort; the venue is fast becoming a favourite amongst the local polo community. Please do feel welcome to park your vehicle and explore the bridleways and footpaths that run from the venue before coming enjoying refreshment in the pub. Booking is recommended.
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We have diner here a couple of times and have never been disappointed.

The Sunday Lunch is as good as any I have eaten out, with great service and friendly staff. Obviously, a good bar and to cap it all it is Dog Friendly.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Overall an excellent birthday meal in a great location, Gastro Pub food of a very high standard. We all ate something different and there wasn’t much going back after we had eaten. Cheese platter a little on the small side for the price but everything else very reasonable, hot and tasty. Excellent service.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Nice enough pub with good sized car park. Basic but ok beer garden. Giant cookies for £1.50! Pleasant service.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

You can often walk in and get a table if there’s only a couple of you. The roast chicken is massive, lamb tender. I’ve had the beef twice and was asked how I wanted it cooked. I asked for it to be pink and it turned up well done and tough and impossible to cut with my knife. It looked like two thick pre slices of meat and not like it had been cut from a joint! They offered me lamb instead which was lovely, but my husband had nearly finished his by the time mine turned up. He had chicken pie, new potatoes and green beans. Would have been nice to have been offered two vegetables.
Cost 30.00 for two dinners and two drinks, so well priced.
We would visit again and we would eat again.

1  Thank lorrainewaldron
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We visited on Sunday afternoon at 4pm for a Fathers' Day treat. Nice pub with an agreeable atmosphere and pleasant serving staff. However, some of the food was very disappointing. We shared a starter of whitebait which was good. My son had a steak which was too well cooked, although he said it was nice. My daughter has a pork roulade which she enjoyed. My husband & I had the Sunday roast beef. This was dry and overcooked and the whole dish seemed to have just been heated up, the roast potatoes and yorkshire pudding too. Such a shame, it spoiled our outing.
We didn't complain at the time because we didn't want to spoil the day for our son and daughter who had taken us out. We will not be returning.

1  Thank Diana G