“Family Birthday Meal”

Ranked #11 of 88 Restaurants in Witham
Price range: US$ 38 - US$ 73
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open Monday Bank Holidays and Open for Christmas Day & Boxing Day New Year & New Year Eve
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

A lovely classy place, with excellent service, and no feel of being ‘hurried along’ that you get from some places.
The food was superb, in both taste and presentation, and we ate far too much! I’m a big eater, and unfortunately even I couldn’t eat all we were served.
We have been before, and we will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

I haven’t eaten at this restaurant for over 20 years. It is now under new management and not up to the same standard as before.

We had booked here for dinner on a Sunday evening. We were quickly seated and our order was placed.

Among the dishes we ordered, were: Szechuan king prawns £ 12.95; Pork filet in sweet & sour – Peking style - £ 9.25; Seasonal greens - £ 4.50.

We were really surprised and shocked by the speed at which the food appeared at the table. –in less that 10 minutes. This suggested that the partly cooked food was just ‘hanging around’.
When I asked the waitress how the food appeared so quickly; she said that it was because they had a “turbo cooker”. We laughed at being told such nonsense

WE WILL NOT RETURN HERE IN A HURRY.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

lovely meal to celebrate a birthday. Very good food, especially the lobster and crispy beef. Staff very good. Attentive but not overbearing. A Little expensive for Chinese but the excellence makes up for it.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Where can I start, I was very impressed with the service at Lian’s our waiter was awfully friendly and we were served quickly and professionally. I thought the atmosphere in the restaurant was fantastic and so was the food. The crispy duck, satay chicken and beef and chicken dishes are just some of the superb food served. We were provided with snack and tea before we began our meal. I was very happy with our trip to Lian and I would definitely go again.

Archie,

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Expensive, but the quality of the food is good. Service is rated as good to okay, depending on who is the waiter on the day of your visit.