All reviews sea view cliffs pavilion street parking night porter large bathroom buffet breakfast would stay again parking space twin room booked this hotel afternoon tea lovely view thames estuary one night stay sandwiches high street lovely room
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We were here to stay over after a party that was being held in the hotel itself so perfect place to stay. Arrived after the room available time, but they were very busy so as it was so hot grabbed a drink in the beer garden. Staff came and found us to tell us room was ready which I felt was a nice touch.
Room was nice, clean and did as was required. My only complaint was the window in between the bedroom and bathroom had no curtain. So at 4:30 am after a few beers it was a little too bright with the early morning sun streaming in (This stopped me giving it 5 stars I am afraid). The staff at the party behind the bar were fun, very pleasant and worked hard all night. At the end, Jamie I think it was, then brought all remaining buffet food out for us to enjoy in the bar when anyone not staying over had gone home. A nice touch as most places take the food away. Then it was time for pizza, great idea for the hotel to do... Between 10pm and 2am you can order pizzas and they are really nice.
We had breakfast next morning which was ok, but as its buffet its luke warm but overall edible. Would I stay here again? Yes, and I would be tempted to use it as a venue for a party if I lived closer and not over in Kent.
Lovely day and night and in a very pleasant hotel thank you to all.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Superhoop2808
Reservations W, General Manager at Muthu Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Guest
Great informative review - thank you - we note the remark about the curtain and on your next visit this will be rectified.
We look forward to seeing you again soon
with regards
Kim Midson

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We were going to a concert and wanted to be able to have a few beers, so treated ourselves to a hotel for the night.

Almost didn't get to go though, as my significant other half slipped (AOT) down the stairs outside the hotel Luckily no bones broken, we was able to continue onwards a to the absolutely fab Kasabian gig... phew!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reservations W, General Manager at Muthu Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Guest
Glad to hear you made it in one piece to the fantastic Kasabian concert - their a great band and very nice to deal with.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
With regards Kim Midson

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

We have just stayed 3 nights at the hotel, it looks a lovely building and the restaurant and conservatory are very smart, the staff were very friendly which is always a nice touch, unfortunately a few things need seeing to, the rooms are very hot even with the radiators off and windows open, the showers take a good 5 to 10 minutes to warm in the morning and my TV didn't work. Would definitely stay again due to good location but the small things need looking at.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reservations W, General Manager at Muthu Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Dear Guest
We take note and the remarks made and trust on your next visit these will not be a issue
we look forward to seeing you again soon
with regards
Kim Midson

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I was staying there for one night with my partner
We had nice and relaxing weekend peaceful place with good price and nice people
Lovely weather
Hotel is clean and we could feel something special something what big hotels haven't now
Room was small but comfortable

Stayed: May 2017

Thank you very much for the 5 star review
we are grateful for the time taken and look forward to seeing you again soon
with kind regards Kim Midson

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed at The Westcliff Hotel for three nights during April for a family occasion. This Hotel is hugely overpriced, dated and poorly managed. The floorboards creaked throughout the upstairs of the Hotel, pigeons cooed from early morning, hence we didn't get much sleep.
When I asked for a mug for my tea with my breakfast i was told to use a cup. As i finished my breakfast a mug was placed beside me on the table and the waitress just said "now"
All in all a very disappointing stay and very poor value for money.
On a positive note most of the staff were super friendly

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 8,08,08,089
Reservations W, General Manager at Muthu Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Guest
thank you for your review.
We note the remarks about the floorboards and have in recent weeks started work on replacing the offending floorboards.
We thank you for the complimentary remarks about our staff and trust that there must have been a misunderstanding in relation to the mug at breakfast as we dont have cups during breakfast service.
with regards Kim Midson