1,481 results
All reviews multi storey shopping centre amusement park adventure island high street family room bar and restaurant spacious room tea and coffee weekend break lovely view car parking very pleasant stay thames estuary stayed for one night full english pier
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Booked into this hotel for 2 nights, whilst on business in Southend. The location is perfect, as you're right on the seafront, but also seconds from the town centre.

Unfortunately the room's air-condition didn't work and the bed, had a bow in the centre, resulting in a very poor nights sleep and back ache. Fortunately, the manager changed the room the following day.

However, the staff are very friendly, the food is reasonably priced, so I would consider staying there again, when in Southend.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Mudassar A, Operations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2015

Dear Joseph S,
Thank you for reviewing the hotel, I am glad to know you found staff members very friendly, Hotel location is very central to town as well as on the mouth of the sea which makes the hotel very popular for business as well as leisure travelers.

I am sorry to hear about changing the room because of the air-conditioning situation.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

I have stayed for one night only with my family. Planned nice dinner just me and my husband in the hotel's restaurant as we have managed to get a family member to look after our kids, and had a chance after a year, to have an hour for ourselves. The restaurant itself was very nice, however the whole experience was one big disaster. Although it was not very busy, the staff were obviously confused as kept coming out of the kitchen with food and back in few times before it reached any table. We were waiting for our starter for 30 minutes, mine was ok but the soup my husband ordered tasted like a dish water. When our main arrived another 25 minutes later, I have received a completely different dish and the "big cheese and bacon burger" my husband had was missing bacon and the cheese was playing hide and seek. We are not sort of people that complain but this was a bit too much even for us. We received an apology and I was offered another meal but I would have to wait anoter 20 min, I was told. As we were already there for an hour and wanted to go back, I have sent the meal back and asked to take some of the ingredients to be taken off the plate and I just ate the salmon fillet. I was not impressed. Then the staff came over to ask if everything is ok. At that point my husband started laughing as if they were serious to ask that. We have spoken to a seniour member of staff about us not being happy to pay the full amount and explained the situation. Again another apology but the evening was ruined for us already. We were planning to get a family breakfast there, however once I have found a chunk of a walnut between my toasted baguette served with my prawn and choriso starter, I have dropped that idea immediatelly. My son is allergic to nuts and the dinner experience suggested the kitchen being in a chaos and a high risk of crosscontamination regarding the nuts. The room itself was average, the sofa bed where my kids were sleeping had some horrible dirty marks on the arm rests and the bathroom door had a macky finger marks on both sides of the door, from make up. It was just missed during cleaning. The bed itself was very comfortable and I had a very good sleep despite the noise from the street which does not bother me at all. Nice sea view was mainly enjoyed by the kids. We have mentioned our not so comfortable experience at the reception in the morning, received and apology with a promise of an investigation and follow up phonecall the following day, which I have not received.

Room Tip: front of the hotel has a great sea view but is noisy from the theme park righ opposite until late night.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Marketa S

Dear Marketa S,
Thank you for sharing your experience on this forum, I am extremely disappointed to read your feedback.
I have already addressed the issues with the team.
Your experience was certainly not as per our standards and I would like to invite you back at the hotel.
Please contact me directly at the hotel number to discuss it further.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

I stayed here for two nights 1st and 2nd October, the staff were great very friendly and helpful, The bar area had great views across southend sea front and was directly above the pier. The rooms were great very clean tidy lots of space and very comfy beds towels were changed daily and the view from my room was excellent (room 416)
The breakfasts were good it's a help yourself style which doesn't bother me either way so all in all a very good stay and would stay here again

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Mudassar A, Operations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2015

Dear Adrian M,
Thank you for reviewing the hotel, I am pleased to know we met your expectation in every way here at the hotel and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel when your travels bring you back in the area.

Reviewed 6 October 2015

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Reviewed 6 October 2015

I stayed here for a 2 night break, lovely Hotel, staff friendly and helpful but i would NOT recommend eating here, breakfast over-priced and not up to standard, as for having a meal in the restaurant well the food was disgusting that is if you can get what you ask for, service slow and i could have broken the windows with what finally arrived on my table, every time the kitchen door opened all you could hear was loud music, giggles and singing as if they were having a party in there (very un-professional) i felt sorry for the waitress who was obviously embarrassed by the whole thing.
I would stay again but only to sleep in if the price was right.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Mudassar A, Operations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2015

Dear tina632015,
Thank you for reviewing the hotel, on the positive side, I am glad to know you found hotel staff members friendly and helpful.
I am very disappointed to know about your restaurant experience, your constructive feedback was shared with relevant head of departments and is taken on board.
I am sure you will have a completely different experience at our restaurant if you give it a second chance.