“A perfect overnight stop! :)”
Review of Dairy House Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manningtree
Dairy House Farm
Ranked #1 of 3 Manningtree B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I was looking on Tripadvisor and Google for somewhere to stay in Harwich or the surrounding area for an overnight stop en-route to the Continent. Thanks to Google I found the Dairy House Farm on the AA web site.

Upon looking at the house on the Internet my first impressions were, WOW, this place looks SO beautiful and has a certain characer to it. So I decided to contact Bridget Whitworth and make a reservation.

I was not disappointed when I arrived. It was just I thought - the house has a really certain character to it with the lovely old ornaments and large clock in the hall. It all tones in very nicely with the house :)

The rural setting is SO peaceful and quiet, away from the City/Town/Urbanisation. So unspoiled. One could spend a few days in the Dairy House Farm, see Essex and then go on to the Continent.

Upon receiving breakfast, Bridget was SO very warm, friendly and welcoming towards me. She and her husband were interesting people to chat to and alas I had to leave promptly to catch the ferry out of Harwich. I left thinking I'm sorry I didn't stay for more than 1 night :(

If I'm ever passing through Harwich again, Bridget, I'll be in touch with you. There just isn't anyone else. I enjoyed the cultural chat etc.

Thanks again for being such a great host.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Bridget was a very gracious host, the house is very clean, comfortable with large rooms. We had an outstanding well prepared breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Wow! What a find! The house reminded me of Elizabeth Bennett's house from Pride & Prejudice (the 'proper' version with Colin Firth as Mr Darcy!). Our room (The Sweet Pea Room) was was gorgeous - full of character and with a view that looked out over nothing but fields and blue skies. Tea and home-baked cake is available for guests in the drawing room where the ticking of an old clock keeps you company while you soak up the atmoshere of this wonderful property. Breakfast will fill up up until supper-time - and is superbly cooked and presented. We are just waiting to find a reason to go back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We stayed here for three nights, and couldn't find anything to fault. The owners are very welcoming and made us feel at home straight away.
The house is set in the middle of the farm, so it is peaceful, with lovely views from the window. The room was great, with a large, very comfortable bed and a new looking bathroom. Breakfast was excellent with a choice from full english and continental, which nearly kept us full until tea time.
The highlight for me was the delicious home made cake available in the sitting room, which was replaced every day with something different.
All in all a great place to stay - we'll definately be going back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manningtree
4.6 km away
8.1 km away
Lifehouse Hotel & Spa
Lifehouse Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Thorpe le Soken

Been to Dairy House Farm? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK