“Excellent restaurant with very friendly staff”

The Restaurant at Pontlands Park
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 47
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here a number of times and the food is always good quality fast and with great service. I have the duck which I particularly recommend and the creme brûlée.

They also have a great selection of wine.

HLGroup, Owner at The Restaurant at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you had another enjoyable dining experience at The Restaurant At Pontlands Park and found the food to be good quality and with great fast service. I hope you return again soon, perhaps join us over the Easter weekend.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We booked up for mother's day and were seated in a room with around 10 separate table settings for the afternoon. It is essentially a carvery as well as offering a fish and vegetarian dish on the day. Starters was a buffet style affair where one of the waiting staff would advise you when it was ok to go through. My wife was happy with the buffet style options and tucked in. Our young boy was having a Mother's day strop and only wanted ice cream!! I did not have any starters. The Waiting staff then advised when we could go through to the carvery to get our meals. My wife is not a fan of carvery food so she opted for the Salmon en croute for her main, whilst I went for the carvery. On offer was Turkey or Beef which was carved for you and then you were handed the plate to help yourself to the vegetables etc....

The food was very good and the service was exceptional. For desert we both opted for chocolate fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream. The portion of brownie was large and very tasty.

On the whole the food was very good, though would have preferred a larger selection of fish dishes on the day. The service and area in which we were seated was excellent. I would not hesitate in eating there again, even thinking of staying at the hotel as it looks quite nice.

As it was Mother's day we had to book and leave a deposit. If you just wish to go on a normal Sunday to the carvery not sure what the deal is i.e. whether you have to book beforehand or just turn up.

HLGroup, Owner at The Restaurant at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you had an enjoyable dining experience at The Restaurant At Pontlands Park and found the food to be very good quality with exceptional service. I hope you return again soon, perhaps join us over the Easter weekend.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I had an excellent evening meal. The flavours were delicious and well judged. Service was good and prompt. An all round good experience.

HLGroup, Owner at The Restaurant at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent visit. It is always lovely to hear that guests have enjoyed dining with us and I will pass your comments on to the team.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I enjoyed afternoon tea with friends this weekend. The sandwiches and cake were really tasty.

On booking I had said that one of the guests was vegetarian but no alternate sandwiches to the standard platter came out. I later heard another table being offered a vegetarian plate which was quite annoying. We were also only offered sandwiches at the start which were served by the waiter. It would have been nice to have been offered them again as we did not eat our full platter when he first came out. In the past they were left on the table.

The cakes were generous in quantity but I personally would rather have had a few more sandwiches.

The waiter disappeared for quite long periods, as he was busy and appeared to be working alone, so we waited a while to get another pot of tea.

I would still return as the food is good as is the value.

HLGroup, Owner at The Restaurant at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Pontlands Park for afternoon tea. Since your last visit, we now silver serve 4 sandwiches per person; which has been better received by our customers. I hoped you would have mentioned to the staff on the day your wish for different fillings and another round of sandwiches, as we would have gladly accommodated your request. I am pleased this experience will not deter you from returning. We look forward in seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

What an amazing Carvery experience. One of our party is completely dairy intolerant yet the chef could not have been more helpful! He explained everything that was dairy free on the Carvery, made fresh gravy and then suggested some vegan friendly desserts off the menu! The chocolate vegan cake and home made coconut Malibu ice cream was sensational as an option! Thank you so much for a lovely afternoon.

HLGroup, Owner at The Restaurant at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and that the team went that extra mile to ensure that you all got to enjoy the day. We are always happy to accommodate dietary requirements and knowing in advance makes it easier to be prepared.
I will make sure that your lovely words are passed on to the whole team and we hope to welcome you back again soon.