“Great food, large portions”
Review of Rose of India

Rose of India
Ranked #20 of 405 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Went with my husband and friends we hadn't seen for fifty years, got seated, and ordered poppadoms and drinks, lovely ice cold wine, ordered food, and we particularly asked for no butter, ghee or oil, and they did everything perfectly, all dishes looked and tasted fantastic, but really large portions of everything, we really enjoyed everything we ate, and the waiters couldn't do enough for you, perfectly attentive, throughly recommend and when in the area again will revisit

3  Thank Pauline S
Jib C, Manager at Rose of India, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review following your recent visit. It is always lovely to hear that guests have enjoyed dining with us and I will pass your comments on to the team.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Definitely recommend!
Service is impeccable every time we’ve been here.
The food is top quality big portions. Real authentic food.
And after all that I’d say it was also reasonably priced.
One happy customer!

1  Thank Sophie P

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Very nice food. I had a fish Dhansak which was lovely. Good service from friendly staff. Not many people in here for a Friday night which i was told was unusual but i will definitely be back for sure.

1  Thank David T
Jib C, Manager at Rose of India, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review following your recent visit. Glad to hear you enjoyed our fish Dhansak. It is always lovely to hear that guests have enjoyed dining with us and I will pass your comments on to the team.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We only booked at the last minute but people were coming in without reservations, and a steady stream of folks were collecting takeaways as well. My cousin and I had a marvellous meal - he'd been before and rightly judged this the best Indian in Chelmsford. The staff were extremely polite and attentive without being fussy. Top class menu and everything we had was delicious! I'll certainly return there in the future.

2  Thank glbennett

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Superb!! Best Indian Restaurant I’ve visited in a long time - the food was amazing and the staff very friendly.

1  Thank Maureen B