“Amazing Food and Service!”

The New London Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The New London Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 403 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located on New London Road in Chelmsford, the New London restaurant offers an enchanting setting, elegant surroundings, with a relaxed, unpretentious atmosphere, effortless, yet impeccable, service. Our seasonal menus change every 8 weeks and are inspired by the team of chefs and Justin Cracknell, Director of the New London, who has a passion for first-class contemporary cuisine with a classic twist. Provenance is key to our success and we have developed relationships with the best suppliers to keep consistency of quality. We are passionate about our seasonal food, drink and service and we always strive to bring you a truly enjoyable experience from the moment you walk through our doors. The venue prides itself with quite few awards including the Restaurant of the Year (Essex Life Fine Food and Drink Awards 2016), the Best Newcomer and the Head Chef of the Year (Essex Tourism and Hospitality Awards 2015).
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Four of us dined here this evening October 24th. The food was amazing. Well presented, lots of lovely flavours and best of all- nice and hot! The plates were hot too. Something i feel very passionate about. We had an excellent three course meal. We shall definitely returned and highly recommend.

J_Cracknell, Owner at The New London Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thank you ever so much for your kind comments. My team and I are extremely happy to know that you have enjoyed your experience here, at the New London.

We have the endless passion for what we do, as all our dishes are cooked to extremely high standards.

Thank you very much again and we are very much looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful meal out with hubby: fantastic food - really great seasonal food and so yummy. enough people there for tuesday night for a nice atmosphere. Really would recommend this lovely restaurant.

Thank you ever so much for your kind comments.

We are extremely pleased you have enjoyed your meal. We work very hard to deliver the best service and seasonal dishes to all our guests.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Went there to taste a new autumn menu and definitely wasn't disappointed! It's not many places in Chelmsford where you can go for a nice and romantic dinner unless you fancy sitting in a noisy chain restaurant and enjoy frozen food.
The food at the New London was absolutely outstanding and service was just superb!
Already booked a table for my birthday and cannot wait to bring my family!

Dear Carrie_S1987,

Thank you ever so much for taking your time to write this great review. We are extremely pleased to hear you have enjoyed our new autumn menu. I cannot wait to pass your comments to my very hard working team.

Thanks again and we cannot wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 October 2017

This place exceeded our expectations by far! The food is absolutely delicious and so brilliantly presented. I highly recommend any meal at this place. Everything is made in house, from the breads to the ice creams and sorbets - and it really shows!

We visited for Sunday lunch and there was a menu with 2 courses for £18 or 3 for £23 (or thereabouts). The standard of the food was so high that I would have paid £20-25 just for the main course. The service was also really lovely and attentive without being over bearing. They answered all our questions and were very friendly and helpful.

We had three courses, for starter - the crayfish mousse, the soup and the ravioli. All were delicious and different. They were presented so beautifully that we had to take pictures. The mousse was really light and fresh with cucumber and dill. The soup was artichoke and roasted garlic with homemade bread. The ravioli was sage and butternut squash. All were good but the ravioli in particular was light and fresh and the perfect amount.

We had roast dinners for mains, chicken, lamb and beef between us. They were all cooked to perfection with the red meats being beautifully pink (i'm sure if you asked you can have it more done if you prefer.) They were all complimented with duck fat roasties and a delicious red wine jus. They also give you a generous serving of seasonal veggies on the side. I tried each roast, but I personally had the lamb and it was one of the best roast dinners I have had.

For dessert we all had the same. The description was "gingerbread, orange gel, toffee". We could have imagine what would actually be served to us. A really delicious dense gingerbread cake, with a ginger bread biscuit, orange gel, toffee and homemade vanilla ice cream. On one of the plates we swapped in rhubarb sorbet for the ice cream which was also delicious. I can't really describe how lovely and original dessert was. Amazing!

One of my favourite things about this restaurant is that the menu changes every 8 weeks according to seasonally available produce. I think that makes it really exciting and unique!

Cannot wait to go back here!

J_Cracknell, Owner at The New London Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Becky G,

Thank you ever so much for taking your time to write this fabulous review. We are extremely pleased to hear you have enjoyed our homemade Sunday Lunch. I cannot wait to pass your comments to my very hard working team.

Thanks again and we cannot wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I visited this restaurant for a 3 hour bottomless prosecco, and three courses. What can I say, it was all amazing, the food was beautiful, and my glass was never empty.

The atmosphere was fabulous, its not a big restaurant, but still enough room between the groups.

I would 100% book this again.

Dear Miss_B,

thank you ever so much for taking time to leave your generous comments.
We are extremely pleased to hear you have enjoyed your lunch and we are looking forward to seeing you here again soon.