All reviews good size executive room town centre hotel restaurant modern hotel sky tv coffee machine train station would stay again one night stay high street cooked breakfast no air con saturday night good nights sleep gym travelodge
Reviewed 31 August 2018

This hotel is very modern and our room was lovely, comfy and spacious. Shame about the bathroom. The bath looked grubby, but it was badly stained, there wasn’t a shower screen, but a badly mould stained shower curtain and only a tap fed shower. Consequently the water was very difficult to keep at a constant temperature and was either too hot, or then too cold and the jet of water wasn’t very good for washing hair.
There isn’t a lift, so if you have an issue with stairs, then this hotel would not be advisable. They did ask us if we wanted help with our luggage, but we were ok.
Wouldn’t stay here again, shame companies just can’t be bothered to update essential equipment.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I was highly disappointed by the inadequate service we had received frankly throughout our whole experience with Best Western Atlantic. We initially made contact with the general store manager, in February via email stating our interesting in booking over 30 rooms (more than half the entire hotel) for our wedding party, including us the bride and groom. Within the same week I called the hotel and was greeted by a single 'hello', I was taken back by such hosting and asked if this was the Best Western hotel I was told 'yes'. I advised I would like to book three rooms and gave my name as a reference as i was told this is what i should do via email correspondence with the manager. The lady explained to me 'she is not allowed' to make this booking and that I would have to wait till Monday for when the manager is in. I raised this as a concern with the manager who apologized on her behalf stating 'they are currently short staffed and the staff member I had spoken to was in experienced and English was not her first language and therefore did not understand what i had asked'. Some weeks after I had asked if an earlier check in could be an option as my wedding was due to start at 3.00pm, I was told again due to having short staff this would not be an option as the cleaning team is small. I felt that despite having booked over half the hotel no compromise was attempted to be reached at all. Closer to the time, once nearly all my guest had booked their rooms and faced difficult communications with staff while trying to book (which i would find myself apologizing for) I revisited the hotel to speak with the manager face to face. I clearly stated my hesitations with how smoothly the day would run given our previous difficulties to which the manager explained she would not be on site the day of our arrival however if my guest 'showed patience' checking in would run smoothly. I felt that attempting to find a healthy balance was impossible at this stage. The manager stated that at breakfast my group booking would be sectioned off in the glass area and I advised her that many of my guest do not eat pork to which she confirmed there was other options available. I had also asked the manager whether cabs could be arranged for my guest to and from the hotel to the wedding venue and was told this was not issue which it later turned out to be.
Our wedding day had fast arrived and some of our guest had attempted to check in before hand. These guest ended up arriving late to our wedding and shared this was due to the slow service they received at the reception from the one staff member there who was struggling to find their bookings despite being provided full names and reference numbers. We later learnt that typos in the way there names were saved onto the system caused confusion for this staff member despite providing reference numbers to which she shared are not of use.
The next morning we learnt that our duplex room had only one coffee capsule and one bottle of water to share between two people. We were hugely disappointing with the choice of breakfast, vegetarian options were not on display but in the kitchen hidden and needed to be asked for. We had asked whether there was any more pastries as the basket was empty even before we was all seated to be told they had ran out and a section was not closed off for our party during breakfast as agreed.
We later learned that a few of our guest had asked for room service to be told this wasn't available, after our guest had used the booklet to show the staff that it clearly states 24 hours room service, the staff replied 'oh you read that, we are short staffed I'm afraid'. Finally, once we had checked out it had come to light that a few items had gone missing from our party, I have emailed the manager twice since and have yet to received a response over a month later. The whole experience was beyond poor and despite the hotels clean and modern interlinear I would never recommend this hotel. I strongly feel that this dampened my wedding experience for both myself and my entire party. Furthermore I feel that as manager, she let down her staff and her guest, this booking was made months in advance and with some more staff members, including herself on site the experience could have been more enjoyable for all involved.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
RicardoSanta-Rita, General Manager at Best Western Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Whilst it is your right to write about how you have interpreted your experience with us, my team also encountered many challenges when dealing with you and your party.

We hope and aim to give everyone a positive experience. At times we may fail to achieve our objectives, however I can assure you that the majority of the guests that stay with us have a positive experience and return to our hotel many times which indicates that different types of expectations do exist leading to different experiences.

Whilst my team are here to deal with all sorts of guests, at times is difficult to please when behaviours are beyond what is acceptable and in turn, perhaps my team were not as accommodating as they normally are.

My apologies for not delivering your expectations.

Yours sincerely,

Ricardo Santa Rita / Regional General Manager

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel as it was a lot nicer than it looked from outside. There was free parking and the car parking area was secure. Reception staff were helpful and polite and available at all hours. The hotel was clean and modern. The bed was comfortable with fresh smelling linen and a selection of pillows. There were more than the average number of TV channels to choose from and the TV was impressively big. The bathroom was very clean and the selection of complimentary toiletries was good quality. Room seemed very sound proof considering the hotel was on a main road and by the university campus. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are next to the car park so you can see car headlights and car door noises
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

The actual hotel was nice enough however when we had our breakfast our coffee came out cold no steam coming out of the pot. We simply asked our waitress if we could have another hotter pot of coffee and her response was to say - yes but its cold because you've put cold milk in it. Even the table next to us couldn't stop laughing, we only put a splash of milk in! She bought out another pot for us and we made the coffee and sure enough even with milk in it was piping hot! And the final comment she made when giving us the new coffee was a sarcastic, shall I heat some milk up for you? It was laughable

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Stayed for 2 nights with family. Excellent rooms with king size beds, air con in room and good tv, bathroom facilities good and all aspects of the room well kept and clean. Had dinner on both nights excellent food and well presented. The staff make the hotel the success it is. Delightful to find such smiling helpful people. Well done. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple