“Great food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Now been here a few times on businesses lunches and never been disappointed! Tasteful surroundings, Steaks cooked exactly to your liking, plenty of choices, good value and very good service from friendly personnel.
Difficult to say what my favourite starter is, the sticky Chipotle chicken starter is really tasty but so are the scallops! Fillet steak is always good here accompanied by the lettuce wedge, with sauce of your choice, onion loaf and fries or sweet potatoes.
Well worth a visit, if in the area.

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Ian S, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant offering good quality steaks and very reasonably priced.
The starters are not outstanding but never had a disappointing steak.
Sometimes service can be slow and not very attentive but it's quite understate when the place is so big and not enough waiters are working.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Miller & Carter Chelmsford. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Just had a great lunch with my mum. 10.95 2 course lunch menu was excellent value. I had the bourbon wings for starters which were to die for and the steak burger for main which was also brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed and will return soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My favourite steak restaurant due to the quality of steak and multitude of sides to choose from - I especially recommend the bone marrow! Service can be slow at times but this suits me as it's the kind of restaurant you go to have a leisurely full meal, enjoy some wine and soak in the relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Seems to be a slight issue with staff motivation at this location. Front of house almost seemed bored and not taking much attention. Barman was good and knew his part of the river.

A medium ribeye was well done on one part and rare on another. I don't know how that's done and I've been cooking steaks for decades. The blue filet I ordered was rare at best. I think they'd been left under the hot lights too long as the leaves were cooked. No point in complaining really as it tasted fine. I did like the onion loaf.

Desert
You can't not have the banoffee pie!

Overall not a show stopper but still a place I'd go back to.

Craig S, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional service, so we are disappointed to hear that your visit with us was anything less than satisfactory. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will use your comments to refine our efforts to ensure this issue does not happen again.