“Lovely evening”

Ranked #4 of 415 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 50
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Wonderful setting, food very tasty and staff friendlt and extremely attentive. Good value too, make sure you book to avoid disappointment!

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank Louise M
HLGroup, Owner at Bartellas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you rewarded us with 5 stars and I am pleased you found the food and service to be excellent, which I shall gladly pass on your comments to the team. I hope you joined our Bartellas Reward Scheme, which is free to join and offers benefits each time you dine.

We currently have a Prosecco Friday promotion taking place at Bartellas, so I hope you return soon and take up this amazing offer. Please contact the team on 01277 355021 if you wish to make a reservation.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

A nice relaxed environment, service exceptional. Food well priced and served as it should be. High quality and attention to detail was excellent. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank Ian311985
HLGroup, Owner at Bartellas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you rewarded us with 5 stars and highly recommend us as a wonderful restaurant to dine in. I am pleased you found the food and service to be exceptional, which I shall gladly pass on your comments to the team. I hope you joined our Bartellas Reward Scheme, which is free to join and offers benefits each time you dine.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Title says it all - Good food, service a little short of my expectations. Food was great, well presented, tasty & hot. Service was poor, G&T with no ice arrived with ice. Waiters were curt and acted more like servers than waiters. Food was unglamorously plonked onto table and announced with little enthusiasm. I guess our particular chap was having an off day. Having said that, I happily return to give them a second chance. Puddings particularly nice.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank dmarti32
HLGroup, Owner at Bartellas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for your review. I have to agree that unfortunately perhaps the waiter was having an off day, but that does not make it acceptable, as we normally receive high praise for the level of service our team provide to all of our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies, I shall pass on your comments to the Restaurant Manager. I am glad this will not deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We visited today for the third time in three weeks and had as always a fine dining experience. The selections we made from an excellent menu were absolutely superb in Flavour, quality and presentation. I am very critical of diners who photograph their food but on this occasion I had to share this sea Bass Fillet presentation which was as tasty as it looks.The attention to detail and service from well trained waiting staff is impeccable and are a great credit to the professionalism of Mr Bartella and Family.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Ebony33
HLGroup, Owner at Bartellas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you have returned to dine with us for the third time in three weeks and I'm ecstatic you rewarded us with 5 stars. I am pleased you found the food and service to be excellent, which I shall gladly pass on your comments to the team. I hope you joined our Bartellas Reward Scheme, which is free to join and offers benefits each time you dine.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

The USP I came away with from a very enjoyable meal out, was professionalism. We went on a quiet Monday night, armed with a Travelzoo voucher. The last time we used such a voucher, in a Billericay restaurant, we were made to feel like second-class citizens, but after being asked for it at the reception desk, we were made to feel as welcome as anyone else.
The 'greeter' was a mind-reader, she anticipated what we would like and suggested it before we could. For example, having our pre-dinner drinks in the comfort of the bar, perusing the menu, and only being called to the table when the starters were ready. It seems such a no brainer, but we always have to ask for this service, and the staff in other places often seem surprised.
As it turned out, once we were at our table, there was a problem with one of our starters (not on our part). We had ordered one scallops, one prawn starter, but the chef was unhappy with one and refused to send it out. He/she started preparing both starters again from scratch, so we had them together (again, at other restaurants, we have had courses served minutes apart). The greeter was apologetic, came over at intervals to apologise, then (without us asking) said our two glasses of wine were on the house as an apology. Those small touches go a long way with me.
I also found the menu very imaginative, it was difficult to choose as everything looked so nice, and we were perfectly happy with our selections of duck and steak.
Mr Bartella came to our table to ask if everything was to our liking, which it certainly was. I would definitely recommend Bartellas, and we would be happy to go again.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank Whybrowwendy
HLGroup, Owner at Bartellas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased you had a wonderful time having dinner at Bartellas. It is great you found the menu to be imaginative and found the efforts of our staff to be of the standard you expect, which I shall gladly pass your comments onto the team.