“Fantastic ”

Ranked #46 of 405 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Brilliant food, fantastic service. Could not recommend more if you’re a fan of Spanish tapas! Very good value for money and the wine was lovely! Will definitely return.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Went here Saturday afternoon with my son after watching the film at the cinema. Outside Pinchos was bustling, it was a beautiful day.

Now before you think this guy hasn’t got a clue what I am on about, I’m Spanish, not that it makes me a expert but I’ve had a few Paella’s in my time and I’m from the North of Spain where gastronomy is taking seriously.

The restaurants air con was turned up high, which after 20 minutes it was a tad chilly.
Ok we ordered Calamari, Spanish meatballs and ham croquettes to start and for a main the meat Paella.

The calamari looked like they came from a frozen packet, thinly cut and covered in a strange seasoning. The Ali Oli was good though, the meatballs had been microwaved to perfection to the point of non edible. They were quite hard.
The croquettes were a 5 out of 10 again not homemade, well that’s the impression I got.

The Paella was poor and one of the worst I’ve eaten. And I’ve eaten a few, swimming in Chorizo oil
And the meats had been pre cooked and mixed with rice covered in loads of parsley. They only plus was that the portion was massive and we could have taken it home, however, it’s was so poor we declined.

The atmosphere is great, the service was good and decor not quite Benalmadena but welcoming.

Unfortunately won’t be frequenting again, I asked the waitress is the owner Spanish? She said no he’s from Chile, oh ok is the chef from Spain, waitress said no, he’s from Poland.

Says it all....

I’d highly recommend the Spanish Tapas on Moulsham Street, 1000% better than this place I’m sorry, and run by Spaniards for a true taste of Spain.

Pinchos has a great outside area though but don’t confuse outside drinking Sangria with the quality of the Spanish food in this establishment. The 2 stars are for the service, cleanliness, and outside ambience.

1  Thank miguelsenra1973
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Very excited and highly anticipated. Service and staff were lovely, food was at best disappointing and worst mediocre. Paella was particularly awful. Had so much hope, sadly won’t be returning. Had so much hope for a rare non chain mass produced eatery in my home town.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I went there 2 times. The food tasted like Indian food not spanish. Everything is extremely average. Attention is good! But if the food is not that’s it for me.... I’m not going back there.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We dined here the other week and were not disappointed. There are many restaurants in Chelmsford but this is one of our favourites!
I have been here many times with friends and my partner and always been pleased with the food and service!
The food is delicious and I love their sangria!
The staff are always friendly. There do a takeaway option which is brilliant however you have to collect. My partner has this on a regular basis when I have my night shift at work and is now nicknamed ‘paella man’ .
We are hoping the food and the general nice atmosphere and décor of the restaurant doesn’t change when management changes (if this Is still happening)