“Fabulous dinner ... again! ”

The Plough Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 187 Restaurants in Brentwood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Last minute on a Saturday night we received a call to say our earlier booking somewhere else was cancelled due to kitchen problems. Having such late notice we were very lucky to find the Plough could fit us in.

We had main course each and a dessert. I opted for fish and asked for some changes to the original menu offering. The waitress listened and asked the chef if he could adapt and it was done no problem. Nice to be accommodated in a friendly and helpful manner no complaints.

The fish was delicious absolutely melted in my mouth. Side salad and veg also very good. A really nice ‘clean’ and fresh meal. My husband opted for steak and he enjoyed his too.

Dessert was an indulgent cheesecake in a glass. Really yummy and a generous portion.

I can’t complain about anything at the Plough. It’s a lovely restaurant and I am sure we will enjoy many more meals there in the future.

2  Thank MiaG

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Popped in last night on the offchance. Staff were lovely, friendly, welcoming and very considerate. The food was amazing. I need the recipe for their garlic mashed potatoes urgently. Highly recommend you visit. I’ll definitely be returning.

2  Thank Mike_t99
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This was one of those occasions when you haven't see the extended family for many years, so you need a place which will let you chat, take your time, yet be ready at a moment to take an order for the party ( in our case - 7) From the moment we arrived the staff were attentive without pressure, helpful and full of patience. The beverages were good well priced, the food a little limited but hey we just wanted to chat.... we overstayed lunch by some time yet we were accommodated with a happy smile. We had a great time will go again

2  Thank Malcolm D
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Booked The Plough on a friends recommendation for a surprise anniversary meal and the function room was perfect for it. There were 15 of us in total all sat at the same table and I couldn't fault the food or friendly service, particularly from Roz who I had been emailing prior to our visit.
Having just seen a criticism on tiny portions, I should mention I ordered the Sunday roast and couldn't finish it! Thanks to all at The Plough for a really lovely afternoon.

2  Thank New2langkawi
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Sunday lunch, mid August. We met up with our friends inside the restaurant and I had a good read of the menu displayed by the front door on my way in so I already knew what I was going to order, As we hadn't seen them for over 12 months we immediately launched into a good old catch up and were still chatting when our waiter arrived to take our order. It was then I noticed that my choice wasn't on the menu I was holding. When I mentioned it the waiter explained the display menu wasn't for our lunch sitting- weird!

Anyway after that strange start, things got a lot better. We all enjoyed our eventual choices - roast beef & roast lamb with all the trimmings, seafood pasta and grilled salmon with samphire & new potatoes with chorizo. This was followed by sticky toffee pudding, peach crumble and peach mouse with shortbread and coffees all round . The prices were pretty good & I was pleased to find a Sunday Lunch service which offered choices other than roast dinners.

Service was good & friendly- we will be back.

3  Thank Susan T