If you have never considered eating here, you need to!! My boyfriend was taking me out for dinner but there was something wrong with the water so we couldnt eat where he had booked. It was a Saturday in Brendtwood and we thought we had lost all hope when we came across Marygreen Manor. The staff were extremely accomodating and squeezed us in (it wasnt in a horrible place or really uncomfortable either!) The waiter (began with a V - think it might have been Viks) was extremely knowledgeable about the wines and the menu which was great. He kept an eye on us and despite it being busy, our glasses were always topped up and our plates cleared promptly without feeling he was hovering.
It was a classic fine dining menu! We had an amuse bouche to start (mushroom) which was dleicious and the waiter brought out a selection of breads to go with the homemade salted and unsalted butter. We chose scallops and asparagus for starters - both of which were delicious! I had the dover sole (an extra £10 supplement) which they deboned in front of me and my boyfriend has the lamb. I was a little jealous upon trying his lamb and the accompanying lamb shoulder ravioli! They then brought out a predessert for us - one large profiterole and chocolate mousse - a lovely touch. I had a dessert of poached pear which came with manadarin sorbet and salted caramel sauce - it shouldnt have worked but it did! Meal for two with two glasses of wine for me and two soft drinks for my boyfriend was £117. For the experience and service I think it was worth the money.
The decor is a bit old fashioned but not in a drab or worn way - the cutlery was nice and heavy and the plates were Wedgewood!
Only downside I suppose is that it is short drive from the main centre of things but with a boyfriend who doesnt drinks, this wasnt a problem for me. I cant imagine the taxi would be too expensive and the waiter did offer to book us one at the end of the meal when we were paying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marygreen Manor Hotel is a fine example of early sixteenth-century architecture in Brentwood, Essex. Beautifully presented and centrally located, just minutes from M25/J28, with easy access to London & the Home Counties. Our Tudor Manor House offers a variety of accommodation from Luxurious 4 Poster Tudor Suites to our Delightful Courtyard Garden Rooms. Marygreen Manor is also home to the 2AA Rosette Tudors Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marygreen Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marygreen Manor Brentwood
- Marygreen Manor Hotel Brentwood, Essex